WC: Quarter Final Thursday!

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Sweden scored 3rd most goals in preliminary stage. Most in Tampere, so no so much problems with forwards too, but we will know by tomorrow if it is enough...

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden scored 3rd most goals in preliminary stage. Most in Tampere, so no so much problems with forwards too, but we will know by tomorrow if it is enough...
Again, sweden forwards is 2 good nhlers, rest is grinders. stop trying to make it look like sweden have great forward group with top players from NHL/top european leagues. We dont.

Our d and g is okay.

Claudie Julien is then thousands times better coach than Garpenlöv. Lets not forget that.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
If the game goes to OT, will I hope to play 5vs5 ten minutes and then penalties follow? Maybe I won't see 3vs3 in a playoff match ... that would disappoint me a lot. The IIHF has had a year to change, it's not good if any playoff match isn't played 5vs5.

In quarter- and semifinal games OT will be 10 minutes but 3vs3 and if the game is still tie yes penalty-shot shootout follows. Only in the gold medal game will be no penalty-shot shootout. 20 minutes sudden-death-overtime periods will be played until the winning goal is scored.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I agree but in a one game playoff anything can happen especially against a team whose individuals may have played more often together.
History is on Canadas side. You guys have Swedens number in important games. Thought last OG said otherwise, but outside of that.

Lets not forget that Julien is far better coach than Garpenlöv and Driedger is not a bad goalie, he did good with Seattle.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Jacob Petersson, Bemström and Carl Grundström are barely NHLers. Nylander and Asplund is good NHLers. So we have 2 good NHLers rest is borderline NHLers and grinders from SHL and NLA. Not super impressing forwards.
Ok sorry you may be right. But sometimes it can happen that a weaker team on paper beats the stronger team like Finland 2019. On paper Canadas roster was much stronger but they lost against Finland twice.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ok sorry you may be right. But sometimes it can happen that a weaker team on paper beats the stronger team like Finland 2019. On paper Canadas roster was much stronger but they lost against Finland twice.
Sweden is not Finland. We dont have Jalonen and Sisu.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Compare the rosters. Canadas team is much stronger.
Perhaps my inability to express myself in my first language may have puzzled you. I didn't mean that Sweden would win the game easily I meant that I could understand if Sweden beat Canada. It is certainly in the realm of possibility.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Bemström and Grundström are not "barely NHL'ers". Sweden has a good team.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Bemström and Grundström are not "barely NHL'ers". Sweden has a good team.
Maybe you should face fact before talking? Bemström is not producing with Jackets and is benched from time to time.

Grundström is not a regular player with Kings.

You act like we have Filip Forsberg and Elias Lindholm on the roster.

I know what you guys are trying to do. You trying to make Sweden look good then when we lose you will make fun of us, calling us chockers and stuff. Lmao.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Maybe you should face fact before talking? Bemström is not producing with Jackets and is benched from time to time.

I know what you guys are trying to do. You trying to make Sweden look good then when we lose you will make fun of us, calling us chockers and stuff. Lmao.
I am not the kind of person to make fun of anyone. You still have a good enough team to win it all. That defence is strong. Quite annoying to assume I'm the kind of person to make fun of anyone..

Reactions: Mestaruus

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

I count at least 12 NHLers on the Sweden roster, so this isn't a big mismatch. Anything can happen in a single elimination game.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Finland has home team curse.

Slovakia has Finland curse.

I don't know what to make out of it but Slovakia's loss streak to Finland got to end at some point. I hope that it doesn't happen now. I'll definitely bet some for Slovakia's win and for a tie, because they give good odds.

Ruotsi is not Russia if you are wondering. That's from the Finnish betting site.

60IJWfo.jpg

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I count at least 12 NHLers on the Sweden roster, so this isn't a big mismatch. Anything can happen in a single elimination game.
Most of them are on our D. Outside of Asplund and Nylander, sweden dont have any NHL level good forwards.

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
And to be fair, you can't compare swedish NHL players with Canadian or American.

Half the teams are full of fluff from NA because of rules and location, while every swede who has gone overseas have showed crazy potential.

Provably half of NHL ain't "NHL players" when using fair metrics.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

I got Sweden as the slight favorite. I'm a Fin who actually usually loves when Sweden loses in hockey if I'm being honest. Still I'm giving Sweden the slight favorite status in this one. 60%-40% or 55%-45%.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
And to be fair, you can't compare swedish NHL players with Canadian or American.

Half the teams are full of fluff from NA because of rules and location, while every swede who has gone overseas have showed crazy potential.

Provably half of NHL ain't "NHL players" when using fair metrics.
Tell me more about this crazy potential that Bemström and Grundström have shown.

Kent Johnsson, if anyone, have crazy potential.

I got Sweden as the slight favorite. I'm a Fin who actually usually loves when Sweden loses in hockey if I'm being honest. Still I'm giving Sweden the slight favorite status in this one. 60%-40% or 55%-45%.
Betting companies have Canada as favorites

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
Tell me more about this crazy potential that Bemström and Grundström have shown.

Oel, Klingberg, ullmark would easily take a spot on the Canadian roster. Dahlin would probably be #1 D and Nylander on the first line.

I love see you losing, but you're not going to do that tomorrow

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Yes and I kind of wanna play some small bets for Sweden, but it can be OT win and that would ruin things for me.

I disagree with the betting companies on this one.

I also think that SUI is a bigger favorite over USA than those betting companies are giving the odds for, so it's a good betting target to bet for Switzerland's win.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Oel, Klingberg, ullmark would easily take a spot on the Canadian roster. Dahlin would probably be #1 D and Nylander on the first line.

I love see you losing, but you're not going to do that tomorrow
Mate, its Carl Klingberg, not John Klingberg. And no, Carl would not take a roster spot on team canada. He have been horrible all tournament long. He even had zero points in NLA playoffs.

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
Mate, its Carl Klingberg, not John Klingberg. And no, Carl would not take a roster spot on team canada. He have been horrible all tournament long. He even had zero points in NLA playoffs.
Okay. You got me there. But the rest still applies 😅

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Finland has home team curse.

Slovakia has Finland curse.

I don't know what to make out of it but Slovakia's loss streak to Finland got to end at some point. I hope that it doesn't happen now. I'll definitely bet some for Slovakia's win and for a tie, because they give good odds.

Ruotsi is not Russia if you are wondering. That's from the Finnish betting site.

60IJWfo.jpg
I hope Finland loses another year against Slovakia not this year. I'm still dreaming for the Switzerland - Finland final game. Concerning the Switzerland - USA quarterfinal, I see it like the Finnish betting site. USA isn't in my opinion the favourite. I think we have a strong team and are capable to beat USA. I'm optimistic for Switzerland in this game. So far Switzerland was much more convincing than the USA. But ok USA is unpredictable. You never know how they play, but I still predict a win Switzerland.

Sweden - Canada. Mm... I don't know on whom I would bet. I agree here with the Finnish betting site. I predict a close game with good chances for Sweden to win it. They are good as we have seen in the game against Finland.

Only Finland is the very clear favorite in these quarterfinal games.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I hope Finland loses another year against Slovakia not this year. I'm still dreaming for the Switzerland - Finland final game. Concerning the Switzerland - USA quarterfinal, I see it like the Finnish betting site. USA isn't in my opinion the favourite. I think we have a strong team and are capable to beat USA. I'm optimistic for Switzerland in this game. So far Switzerland was much more convincing than the USA. But ok USA is unpredictable. You never know how they play, but I still predict a win Switzerland.

Sweden - Canada. Mm... I don't know on whom I would bet. I agree here with the Finnish betting site. I predict a close game with good chances for Sweden to win it. They are good as we have seen in the game against Finland.

Only Finland is the very clear favorite in these quarterfinal games.
Do you cheer for Finland or Switzerland when they play against each other?

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad