St. Paul?

I am assuming that if Canada makes the quarter finals and is playing
anyone other then the U.S. than the game will be at the ACC in
Toronto, but what if Canada and US are paired up in the quarter
final.

Who would get the home game?

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

I asked that a few weeks ago and never got a response. All I know is that when the Leafs sold me my ticket package they said that all Final round games with Canada will be at the ACC.

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
Hey ACC,

I have heard that as well, however, I am hearing from others that because Canada gets the home game in the round robin a Can / US game would be in MN. Does not make sense to me though. More sense would be the higher seed would get the home game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
drhughes1 said:
Hey ACC,

I have heard that as well, however, I am hearing from others that because Canada gets the home game in the round robin a Can / US game would be in MN. Does not make sense to me though. More sense would be the higher seed would get the home game.

All I know is what I was told. It would make sense for the higher seed but if my Q4 tix(4) are for Russia/Slovakia someones head will roll at the ACC.

Jazz

US will play in St. Paul regardless of where it finishes in the pool, even if it is against Canada, and even if the US is the lower seed.

The reason stated above is correct, this is because the CAN/US game in the round-robin is in Canada.

Last edited:

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
Thanks Gurj,

What is the source of your info? I am just trying to figure out if this is officially documented somewhere.

I am trying to figure out travel plans and might need to have more flexibility if it is possible Canada is not playing at the ACC in the quarter final (e.g. drive from Boston instead of fly).

Thanks for any additional info.

Take care.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Gurj said:
US will play in St. Paul regardless of where it finishes in the pool, even if it is against Canada, and even if the US is the lower seed.

The reason stated above is correct, this is because the CAN/US game in the round-robin is in Canada.

any proof of that?

Jazz

drhughes1 said:
Thanks Gurj,

What is the source of your info? I am just trying to figure out if this is officially documented somewhere.

I am trying to figure out travel plans and might need to have more flexibility if it is possible Canada is not playing at the ACC in the quarter final (e.g. drive from Boston instead of fly).

Thanks for any additional info.

Take care.

Hey drhughes.

I can't remember the official source, but trust me on this :) . I distinctly recall reading this and made mental note of it after they screwed up in the 1996 World Cup with the USA-RUS SF in Ottawa and the CAN-SWE SF in Philadelphia.

(It might have been the official press release when the tournament was announced 18 months or so ago...)

Gurj. :yo:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Gurj said:
Hey drhughes.

I can't remember the official source, but trust me on this :) . I distinctly recall reading this and made mental note of it after they screwed up in the 1996 World Cup with the USA-RUS SF in Ottawa and the CAN-SWE SF in Philadelphia.

(It might have been the official press release when the tournament was announced 18 months or so ago...)

Gurj. :yo:

It's official then.

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
This is amazing.

I have called the arena in St. Paul, the ACC, ticketmaster and no one has a clue who will play where in the quarter finals.

I have even tried to get phone number to the NHLPA and the NHL offices, but have not found them yet.

Very frustrating for someone trying to make travel arrangements.

Any other ideas on who to contact?

Feb 24, 2004
I AM ALMOST 99% sure about how this works:

The North American division crosses over with the European division. Thus, Canada and the United States CANNOT play in the Quaterfinals. If they play after that, the game is in Toronto.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
drhughes1 said:
This is amazing.

I have called the arena in St. Paul, the ACC, ticketmaster and no one has a clue who will play where in the quarter finals.

I have even tried to get phone number to the NHLPA and the NHL offices, but have not found them yet.

Very frustrating for someone trying to make travel arrangements.

Any other ideas on who to contact?

Not surprised. I posted above what I was told and I'm going by that.
You could try Bettman @ 1 800 Screw The Fans

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
leafs4thecup said:
I AM ALMOST 99% sure about how this works:

The North American division crosses over with the European division. Thus, Canada and the United States CANNOT play in the Quaterfinals. If they play after that, the game is in Toronto.

They cross over for the Semi's not the Q4's. www.wch2004.com for the sched.

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
Hey Leafs,

I am afraid you are mistaken.

Go look at the schedule at http://wch2004.com/schedules/index.html

This is the QF game at the ACC

Wed., Sep. 8 QUARTERFINAL
Air Canada Centre, Toronto NA1 vs. NA4 or
NA2 vs. NA3 7:00 PM EDT ESPN2,CBC

Is whoever finished first in the North American pool versus whoever finished fourth OR second vs. third in the pool.

So, there is a very real possibility that Can and US will play in the quarterfinal./

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
drhughes1 said:
Hey Leafs,

I am afraid you are mistaken.

Go look at the schedule at http://wch2004.com/schedules/index.html

This is the QF game at the ACC

Wed., Sep. 8 QUARTERFINAL
Air Canada Centre, Toronto NA1 vs. NA4 or
NA2 vs. NA3 7:00 PM EDT ESPN2,CBC

Is whoever finished first in the North American pool versus whoever finished fourth OR second vs. third in the pool.

So, there is a very real possibility that Can and US will play in the quarterfinal./

I'd bet that one of the 2 will finish first so as long as the other doesn't finish last they won't meet.

Feb 24, 2004
Ya my mistake. So like someone else said, the game will probably be in the States because of the RR game being in Quebec.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
leafs4thecup said:
Ya my mistake. So like someone else said, the game will probably be in the States because of the RR game being in Quebec.

99% sure of that??

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

leetch2

Aug 24, 2004
No problem. I have a vested interest in that info, being an American going to Toronto for 5 games.

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
Same here Leetch. But Canadian, living in the US, going to the games in Montreal and Toronto.

It will make who I cheer for in non-Canada games easier.

Have fun in TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad