tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
As promised. Bring on the gas

1649117643329.jpeg

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Yeah, I would plan for more time if possible. Basically your cooking mini-briskets, so 3-2-1 is usually expanded in time

I typically Smoke for 4, wrap for 3-4, then unwrapped with sauce for :45 min.

I wrap with beef broth and beef tallow. You really are shooting for an internal of 205 so that you get that last breakdown and shred-a-bility.

It is the best thing to cook though. I'm "assuming" the 8 lb's are the large style Dino Ribs, as opposed to a rack similar in size to Pork side ribs (different parts of the cow)

My hours are all smoker, if you are using a grill (you mentioned smokebox) I'm assuming a standard BBQ grill? Then light the outside burners and place in the middle. Will cook outside faster (I would spray beef broth often) and go a 2-5-:30 or so, much longer wrap time with broth so you don't dry out.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. If you want to discuss more, please shoot me a PM and I can send you my phone number to text you through it as well.

Couple of pics:

Dino style rib (8-9 hours):

View attachment 526510

Beef Rack of Ribs (5-6 hours):

View attachment 526511

Cheers.
Holy f*** man your food gives my heart a flutter.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Anyone who has any advice of grilling fish skewers? I’ll go for it again in a couple of days for a get-together with some friends, because I think they are delicious. But they always break apart when I flip them and I lose a lot of good fish to the coals.

I tried a non-stick grill insert, but the heat melted off the coating, so that doesn’t work :thumbd:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
As promised. Bring on the gas

View attachment 526584
I’m celebrating your wedding with some popcorn shrimp tonight. I would have flown out and had the brisket at your wedding but a) I wasn’t invited
B) I’m in Nova Scotia
C) it’s my first day back out in public after covid
D) I didn’t want to miss this game

Hope you’re having the day of a lifetime and lots of amazing grub!!

Reactions: oilers'72

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
View attachment 518869

Currently in the Smoker, Ribs and Chicken.
Ribs in a Kansas Style Rub, Chicken in a butter bath with Chili Lime seasoning.
First time in a while getting the smoker going, using “Sweet Maple” wood chunks with this one
The nicer weather means the smoker is always on the go

Attachments

• 3B0CCF89-C3E4-45BA-866D-584586F95F3C.jpeg
    3B0CCF89-C3E4-45BA-866D-584586F95F3C.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 8

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Man what you get at Rotten Ronnie’s?
You know what. We ended up getting Wendys. My kid wanted the toy from there. So I got a baconator combo.

I’m sure it will make a fast exit. It was good but so greasy lol. But they do put a ton of bacon on. They don’t skimp like most places.

^^^
Hahaha! Withdrawal indeed! I just eat a box of cherries, if I tried that I’d shit my pants…😬
Lmao!!!! Maybe don’t try it today the. 😂😂😂

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
You know what. We ended up getting Wendys. My kid wanted the toy from there. So I got a baconator combo.

I’m sure it will make a fast exit. It was good but so greasy lol. But they do put a ton of bacon on. They don’t skimp like most places.

That sounds f***ing amazing. I’m a big onion guy and I love the onions on Wendys burgers. The chicken nuggets there are f***ing beautiful too.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I heard A & W have brought back their Whistle Dog in a promotion. Not sure why they ever removed it, TBH. I've also heard that in some places, it is not the Whistle Dog that you remember, but a poor rendition of it. Hope they go back to the standard WD and keep it on the menu. The Teen Burger, their incredible unique onion rings and the WD were the things that always drew me to A & Dub.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I agree!!
Wendys is usually always fresh and delicious here. McDonald’s is 50/50 with what kind of food you get, but I find Wendys rarely lets me down……

Well sometimes it turns my stomach, but water can do that to me too lol!

I heard A & W have brought back their Whistle Dog in a promotion. Not sure why they ever removed it, TBH. I've also heard that in some places, it is not the Whistle Dog that you remember, but a poor rendition of it. Hope they go back to the standard WD and keep it on the menu. The Teen Burger, their incredible unique onion rings and the WD were the things that always drew me to A & Dub.
Yup they did. I got it last month and it’s extremely good. I love that they put the cheese inside the hot dog and toast thr bun. The combo was like 12 bucks. A bit pricy but it’s a delicious meal! I much prefer the hot dogs there than at Costco. The ones at costco, I swear I burp up for the next 6 hours lol

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I agree!!
Wendys is usually always fresh and delicious here. McDonald’s is 50/50 with what kind of food you get, but I find Wendys rarely lets me down……

Yup they did. I got it last month and it’s extremely good. I love that they put the cheese inside the hot dog and toast thr bun. The combo was like 12 bucks. A bit pricy but it’s a delicious meal! I much prefer the hot dogs there than at Costco. The ones at costco, I swear I burp up for the next 6 hours lol

The only thing about Wendy's burgers is the lack of salt to bring out the flavour. When I order from tgere, I always get 3 large chilis. Great taste plus you can get grated cheese and the additional seasoning packet.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I agree!!

Yeah, but you can get four costco dogs for the price of one whistle dog.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The only thing about Wendy's burgers is the lack of salt to bring out the flavour. When I order from tgere, I always get 3 large chilis. Great taste plus you can get grated cheese and the additional seasoning packet.
Ya that is a valid point. I actually found that when I had the baconator.

Yeah, but you can get four costco dogs for the price of one whistle dog.
Haha it’s true. A and W is ridiculous over priced. It’s good food but man it’s expensive. Costco is the best bang for your buck. I love their poutines.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
probably mentioned in the earlier thread but, we had air fryer chicken wings over the weekend. Best wings I have ever had. If wings were the only thing that appliance did, it would still be in my kitchen. Soooo worth it
Yes! We did wings in our air fryer not too long ago. They’re fantastic!!!! Hard to go back to any other kind of wings.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Back to the culinary cook your own type of stuff.

Yesterday Salmon on barbecue tucked in foil with fresh dill, lemon pepper, some lemon juice, some olive oil and sliced lemons on top and wrapped loosely so steam can go out. important not to overcook salmon and put skin down on doubled foil. Frozen Salmon works fine for this. Do not under any circumstance de thaw. (barbecue cover down for this and roasting potatoes and carrots however) you want heat to do the cooking.

Also roasted potatoes and carrots. both finished with onions mix of chopped fresh and green onion. copious pepper on everything. Side of sauteed shredded red beats from the garden finished with some sour cream mixed in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad