GDT: QF • Jan. 2 • Russia 4, Switzerland 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Larionov came up with the ridiculous Bure comparison. Almost as bad as Kabanov being the next Ovechkin :laugh:

They are not fit to lace their boots. But for a kid with Boris Mikhailov's skills as a kid. If only.

Very lucky win again. Dismal performance and Switzerland will rue missing those two 5 on 3 opportunities.

Fourth place for this team. Appalling coaching. Little semblance of teamwork. Shambolic is the word that springs to mind.

Jocke

Feb 9, 2010
Feeling bad for Yakupov. You can tell he's got something special but he is just trying too hard and it's not working out.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Amazing game by the Swiss. They played their hearts out and should be proud. Never have I seen a Swiss team compete like that in EVERY single game. Come back next year even stronger, boys.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Swiss played a hell of a game and tournament for that matter. They should be proud.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
The good thing about a Russian win...I can wake up and watch Team Canada before work now! Thanks Russia!

RJ8812*

Will be cheering against Canada tomorrow for sure since they wanted Russia to lose so badly.

Go USA!

:laugh:

were you actually expecting Canadians to cheer for Russia in this game?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Yeah I don't know what's going on in his (Yakupov's) head. Maybe he's holding his stick too tight and over thinking...It seems that most of his decisions are the wrong ones. He's putting in a lot of effort, but when nothing seems to be working, it almost seems like it's all for nothing.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
No but the vicarious pleasure they seem to derive from it is what is off putting.

Not to mention some of the very borderline insults when the 2 teams played last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad