Q watchers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Anybody seen Romy Elayoubi play this year. He has a ton of talent and by looking at his stats I can only guess he is not getting a lot of time. Please any opinions?

I saw him last night. He's extremely quick but needs to put on some pounds. He tries his best to play an all-around game but whenever he goes in for a hit in the corners he bounces right off. It's quite comical actually :)

But his work ethic is very strong and he gets average ice for someone his age. I heard he was compared to Lemieux in Midget, which is way off obviously, but I can see him developing into a good prospect if he could just get stronger. A lot stronger.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
I saw him last night. He's extremely quick but needs to put on some pounds. He tries his best to play an all-around game but whenever he goes in for a hit in the corners he bounces right off. It's quite comical actually :)

But his work ethic is very strong and he gets average ice for someone his age. I heard he was compared to Lemieux in Midget, which is way off obviously, but I can see him developing into a good prospect if he could just get stronger. A lot stronger.

sounds good, it sounds like a maturity issue, physically that is. Good to hear that he loooks good skating and skill wise. That work ethic will really come in handy.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
Daniel_Tkaczuk...what your opinion on others rookies from Chicoutimi ( MacSween, Desharnais, Lascek, ...)???

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sag96 said:
Daniel_Tkaczuk...what your opinion on others rookies from Chicoutimi ( MacSween, Desharnais, Lascek, ...)???

I was at Mondays game as well, i can fill you in with my own opinions of them.

MacSween - Big guy, hes an 86 i think this is his draft year. He has good all around tools he just needs to put it all together. I think if he can polsih his game he can be a big time contributer for Chicoutimi.

Desharnais - really small but plays a big role with Chicoutimi. Took a lot of faceoffs and did pretty well. His size will hold him back but he is a fiesty player. Good offensive instincts and puck skills.

Lascek - didnt really impress me but i have only seen him once. One thing i did notice was that he wasnt very sturdy on his skates and he wasnt that quick.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I was at Mondays game as well, i can fill you in with my own opinions of them.

MacSween - Big guy, hes an 86 i think this is his draft year. He has good all around tools he just needs to put it all together. I think if he can polsih his game he can be a big time contributer for Chicoutimi.

Desharnais - really small but plays a big role with Chicoutimi. Took a lot of faceoffs and did pretty well. His size will hold him back but he is a fiesty player. Good offensive instincts and puck skills.

Lascek - didnt really impress me but i have only seen him once. One thing i did notice was that he wasnt very sturdy on his skates and he wasnt that quick.

I agree. Just a few elaborations:

MacSween: He won't be drafted but if he gets some strength he'll be very efficient at creating traffic. He's been given a role by Martel and he's doing as best he can. He had a few good scoring chances too... it's all about the strength issue though.

Desharnais: nothing to add.

Lascek: He's a stealthy guy who has good instincts. He knows his skating is deplorable though... he's the only player I've seen in a long time that snow ploughs when he stops. Having said that he never strays far from the play, because if he did his skating skills would not be sufficient enough to keep up. He has learned to adjust that way, but because of the skating he might not be pro material.

He has a very quick release on his shot though, which helps his potential. He always manages to sneak into the slot and let it go. He loves to have the puck, and if he wants it he's not afraid to let you know.

He's dedicated to two-way play as well. Always with the play.

Do you have any thoughts yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad