Q & A with North Bay's Stan Butler

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Great interview, Brock. I found his comments about Torres really interesting.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hockey Canada circling back to him. Yes, the coaching has curved younger, but along with the good, there have also been some recent bad experiences with a couple of "younger generation" coaches. If nothing else, I couldn't imagine Butler heavily relying on an 'out of his element' player from his own team. But that is for another thread...

cujoflutie

Great interview, Brock. I found his comments about Torres really interesting.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hockey Canada circling back to him. Yes, the coaching has curved younger, but along with the good, there have also been some recent bad experiences with a couple of "younger generation" coaches. If nothing else, I couldn't imagine Butler heavily relying on an 'out of his element' player from his own team. But that is for another thread...

Pat Quinn had success at the world juniors late in his career.

My memory is a little foggy of Butler at the world juniors 15 years ago, was he behind the bench the year Pascal Leclair played? I remember LeClair was excellent in the tourney but god awful in the gold medal game. I don't think it would be a terrible choice as he's seen a lot of hockey but aside from his run to the final in 2009 his Battalion teams were consistently mediocre in the playoffs. Now he has come off 2 good playoff runs with North Bay so let's see if he's turned it around.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Butler is great for jr players and the ohl.
NB over achieved this season, I think; while, Niagara & the Petes under achieved. NB will be in for tough series through out their play offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad