OT: PWHL Thread - Draft at 1pm Monday 9/18

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Also gives the Pegulas a championship team to learn their craft from. :D

Well a BUFFALO area championship HOCKEY team that currently is reigning champions. (The Pegulas do own the not Buffalo based Amerks have won some Calder Cups - the non hockey Buffalo Bandits have won MLL/NLL championships - the non hockey Buffalo Bills have AFL championships too - just not Super Bowls.)

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Very happy to see this move by the Pegulas. Hopefully this is a move that will help spur growth of the league and women's hockey in Buffalo and the area.

I have to say one thing though - I'm not a big fan of the team's nickname - the "Beauts". Anyone have any idea from where it was derived? To me it's at best non- athletic, non regionally significant or even sports related. I've personally seen the word used as a short form for beautiful - which I don't think is the best nickname for a female hockey team in a world that is trying to to see women as something other than sex objects. I've also seen it used derisively/sarcastically to describe someone who is a jerk or a-hole as in can you believe he made them stay until midnight on Christmas eve? What a beaut.

Any chance the Pegulas consider renaming the club? To be honest, I'm not sure I've seen this subject being raised before - co maybe it's just my personal taste.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Very happy to see this move by the Pegulas. Hopefully this is a move that will help spur growth of the league and women's hockey in Buffalo and the area.

I have to say one thing though - I'm not a big fan of the team's nickname - the "Beauts". Anyone have any idea from where it was derived? To me it's at best non- athletic, non regionally significant or even sports related. I've personally seen the word used as a short form for beautiful - which I don't think is the best nickname for a female hockey team in a world that is trying to to see women as something other than sex objects. I've also seen it used derisively/sarcastically to describe someone who is a jerk or a-hole as in can you believe he made them stay until midnight on Christmas eve? What a beaut.

Any chance the Pegulas consider renaming the club? To be honest, I'm not sure I've seen this subject being raised before - co maybe it's just my personal taste.

A "Beaut" is hockey slang for a great player (or a great play I guess?) so that's where it comes from. I would agree though it's not exactly the best choice.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Emily Pfalzer‏ @EmilyPfalzer -
Incredibly honored to represent @TeamUSA alongside my amazing teammates at the Winter Olympic Games! #PyeongChang2018

Buffalo Sabres‏ @BuffaloSabres -
Congratulations to former Buffalo Sabre Brian Gionta, Sabres prospect Will Borgen,
@BUFsledhockey players Adam Page and Luke McDermott and @BuffaloBeauts defenseman Emily Pfalzer!

Brian Gionta‏@Giostyle21 -
Honored to wear the Red, White & Blue again in the olympics!
Can’t wait to chase gold in #PyeongChang. @usahockey

Thanks to all who have helped get me ready.
@AmerksHockey @EllisMatt37 @AcademyOfHockey @AdamsKevyn @NextLevelSCNY @Natevank19

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Buffalo Beauts‏ @BuffaloBeauts -
1f6a8.png
: @jones22__
1f34f.png
: @corinnebuie
1f34e.png
: @Accursi6
https://twitter.com/hashtag/DefendTheCrown?src=hash
Boston gets on the board #BOSvsBUF 1-1 | 12:47 | 2nd Period

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Buffalo’s First Hockey Family: Hayley and Peter Scamurra
https://thehockeywriters.com/hayley-peter-scamurra-buffalo-hockey/

Many do not know it, but the city of Buffalo has its own first “royal family of hockey.” No, they do not have the last name of Kane. Not the Folignos, nor the Marchants either. You would have to go even further back than that to see where its roots are laid. But to this day you can see the name emblazoned on a pro hockey jersey if you know where to look.

I remember when Pete played. There were high hopes for a storied NHL career, but just making it to the NHL was quite a feat. Hockey has come a long ways in this area since those days.

Reactions: LaxSabre

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad