Puljujarvi vs. Athanasiou: Who will have more impact at the NHL level next season?

Who will have more impact at the NHL level next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Part 6 in my offseason series of polls.

This time we're looking at two seemingly misguided forwards. One is not proven at all in the NHL and looking to establish himself with more confidence and intelligence on the ice. The other has put up good scoring totals before but carries a label of inconsistency, poor defense and inability to mesh within a competitive system. One has not signed yet but is rumoured to sign soon. The other has also not signed yet but is rumoured to have interest around the league.

Time to cast your votes!

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Pulju is a total wildcard. If he sticks in the league I think he’ll have a higher impact than AA because of his all around game. But, he could also do absolutely nothing and be back in Finland as well. For that reason I’ll go with the safer pick in AA since he’s a proven NHL player and should get at least 15 goals or so.

Reactions: Darkwinter

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'll go with JP just because I'm pulling for him and I think he can bring more of a complete game than AA, who doesn't use his teammates and doesn't really care to defend worth a damn.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
AA scores 20 plus for another team leading many here to cry over whatever the return was. This despite him still being an atrocious defensive player who floats through the majority of games with zero willingness to defend and is overall a massive negative for his team who creates little offense overall.

Puljujarvi will have an abnormally high points per 60 with McDavid leading many to clamour that he needs to play with McDavid because of this despite the fact that it's based on a three game sample size and Puljujarvi still looks lost and doesn't know when to make a pass or how to get open for McDavid to utilize him.

Puljujarvi wins by virtue of not being the massive negative that AA is.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Saying Pulju off a complete wild guess. Will be interesting to see if we have both on our roster next season. Would be an underrated third line if we could get someone with a high IQ to center it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi doesn't have AA's skill level, if he did he would have never been allowed to leave in the first place.

Reactions: Faelko

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
My gut feeling is this one won't be close at all when we look back at this poll in one years time it'll likely have a very clear winner and loser, but in this moment both players are such wildcards I'm not sure how it'll turn out. From the outset though I'd say AA is the favorite to put up more points and Pulju is the favorite to play a more complete brand of hockey.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
My gut feeling is this one won't be close at all when we look back at this poll in one years time it'll likely have a very clear winner and loser, but in this moment both players are such wildcards I'm not sure how it'll turn out. From the outset though I'd say AA is the favorite to put up more points and Pulju is the favorite to play a more complete brand of hockey.

The measure of a good poll? :laugh:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Realistically what do you experience in return for JP? Jenner ? What would you want from Columbus (who needs scoring potential)

Probably Josh Anderson.

He just tore up the Liiga, and he's doing even better so far this preseason. We have pretty high hopes for him.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
It's a funny poll because both are unlikely to play for the Oilers next year. They are also both skilled forwards that rely on PP time and being in a top 6 role but even if they do play for us next year it's unlikely they will get that.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
You'd think that a team with centres like McDavid, Draisaitl and potentially RNH too, we wouldn't have a problem attracting wingers to play here. If we can get both of these kids signed and playing here next season, I feel that a full year under Tippett will give them a pretty good shot at doing really well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think this poll is too soon. Should of been made after free agency so we have had a better idea of both players on the team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's a funny poll because both are unlikely to play for the Oilers next year. They are also both skilled forwards that rely on PP time and being in a top 6 role but even if they do play for us next year it's unlikely they will get that.

Well except Puljujarvi doesn't have much skill. Like really is his two years here did he ever beat a d-man 1 on 1 or make your jaw drop with a goal or pass?

Nope.

He's just weird and lanky all over the ice.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
AA wills cor eyou some goals here and there. Pulju Im I afraid, will never play a single NHL game more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad