Recalled/Assigned: Puempel called up(Back to Bingo Nov22)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Young goalscorer,having a hard time finding the net....TBH what do people expect all goalscorers are streaky.Kid is an nhler,he was doing all the little things right to keep him here,and waiting to start his next hot streak .For me Prince better start being harder or its him that will be gone :nod:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Another plug gets called up. He'll fit right in with Chiasson smith and Neil. I don't get this team.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
How do you mean? I'd imagine he's not shocked that his 13 minutes per game in the top 6 for most of the last dozen games yielding only one goal is hard to argue that he deserves time over Prince who has garnered 3 assists with less time in the top 6.

I expect Puempel uses this to motivate himself to lead Bingo in scoring again, train hard in the offseason to come back stronger and quicker next year to challenge guys like Chiasson (and by then Prince) for a permanent roster spot. Hopefully he also develops a more rounded game too after seeing the treatment Lazar gets.

i mean because he's been around a while now, been up and down and not getting results expected of him in either league. i can see him getting a bit frustrated now. i'm just guessing of course.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Young goalscorer,having a hard time finding the net....TBH what do people expect all goalscorers are streaky.Kid is an nhler,he was doing all the little things right to keep him here,and waiting to start his next hot streak .For me Prince better start being harder or its him that will be gone :nod:

With this managment, I think they both better watch out for colin greening

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

To be streaky you need to actually score at some point. Puempel hasn't. It's not hard to see why he has been sent down. He'll get more chances, no need to worry. Look how long it took Hoffman. But right now we can't afford to have a player on the roster, or in the top 6, who isn't doing much of anything. I'd rather move Milo into the 6.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'd be find with either Milo or Prince in the top 6. Not sure why Puempel got an extended look when he wasn't really doing that much. I'm not even talking point wise, just play in general. At least with Prince you saw some puck possession and retrieval.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's too bad Mac got injured again we would be even deadlier on offense if he were here.

Ah well, we're still deep. Goes to show our depth at that position.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'd be find with either Milo or Prince in the top 6. Not sure why Puempel got an extended look when he wasn't really doing that much. I'm not even talking point wise, just play in general. At least with Prince you saw some puck possession and retrieval.

I liked what I saw from Prince.

He had many good chances that he didn't cash in on.

Could've had a good 3-4 goals by now.

Just gotta wait for him to get his 1st until he "gets going" (something like half PPG). He was keeping up with our elite players and making some nice plays. Remember that he played his way onto the top six after playing great on the 4th line, something Puempel didn't have to do as much.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Puempel just didn't do anything. Maybe a tad bit more physical play then prince. Prince at least was creative and managed to be in on some plays and getting in great scoring positions. Prince could very well have two goals to go along with his three assists.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
As always I will argue the other side. IMO Prince seems like a perimeter player to me, Puempel on the other hand was very noticeable in front of the net during a few goals that we scored. Puempel works hard to get back on defence, he hits, seems to have good vision & was close to scoring a few goals. Puempel is a closer player to how Lazar is playing than Prince who IMO again is probably closer to Hoffman.

Hoffman needs to score to stay in the lineup & he is, Lazar stays in the lineup because he works so hard away from the puck & defensively while also getting some offensive chances. I prefer Puempel over Prince for those reasons & by playing Puempel more than Prince this yr & last I would guess so does Cameron.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
As always I will argue the other side. IMO Prince seems like a perimeter player to me, Puempel on the other hand was very noticeable in front of the net during a few goals that we scored. Puempel works hard to get back on defence, he hits, seems to have good vision & was close to scoring a few goals. Puempel is a closer player to how Lazar is playing than Prince who IMO again is probably closer to Hoffman.

Hoffman needs to score to stay in the lineup & he is, Lazar stays in the lineup because he works so hard away from the puck & defensively while also getting some offensive chances. I prefer Puempel over Prince for those reasons & by playing Puempel more than Prince this yr & last I would guess so does Cameron.
Agree

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

1. They've both played the same amount of games.

2. Puempel just got sent down in favour of Colin frikking Greening. Not exactly a ringing endorsement by coaching and management.

For what it's worth I've thought Prince was marginally better in just about every area of the game. Puempel clearly has a better release but at this point in his career he seems to lack the skills and speed to get to places where he can use that shot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Puempel just didn't do anything. Maybe a tad bit more physical play then prince. Prince at least was creative and managed to be in on some plays and getting in great scoring positions. Prince could very well have two goals to go along with his three assists.
Yeah i dont know what player you were looking at i saw a perimeter player that looked timid,and played that way both on offense and defense:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad