Puck Drop Preview: 2017-18 Dallas Stars

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The lines aren't that much better either outside the obvious ones.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
holy **** lol

Veteran players like Faksa, Oleksiak and Lindell re-signed

But with good things come some sad. The Stars were sad to see Patrick Sharp return to Chicago to play again for the Chicago Blackhawks, along with the loss of Ales Hemsky to the Montreal Canadiens and Antti Niemi to the Pittsburg Penguins.

this is such a sad paragraph

Roussel - Spezza - Cracknell

What the **** is going on here:

Klingberg - Oleksiak
Honka - Lindell
Pateryn - Methot
Bodnarchuk - Johns
Nemeth - Hamhuis

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
LOL at this article...

Methot on the 3rd pair...Oklesiak on the 1st...Cracknell on the second line, Faksa and Hanzal on the 4th...

Hitchcock acquire Ben Bishop...

I often read /like what last word on sport publish, but this one has no credibility

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
LOL at this article...

Methot on the 3rd pair...Oklesiak on the 1st...Cracknell on the second line, Faksa and Hanzal on the 4th...

Hitchcock acquire Ben Bishop...

I often read /like what last word on sport publish, but this one has no credibility

LWOS isn't a great source for sports journalism.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Looks fine to me. I swear you guys will complain about anything just to complain.

I have a tattoo of "but with good things come some sad," it's one of my favorite quotes. Thinking about getting another one with those defense pairings on it.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Based off what? One article? Seems a bit overboard to say that, but to each their own I suppose.

There's something fitting about you reading that comment and jumping to this conclusion instead of defending the thing you published. "I think it's unfair that you read my terrible article and say it is representative of our whole brand". Way to stand behind what you wrote, your confidence in your product speaks to its quality.

LWOS is consistent in that 2-3 times a year a clumsily written article that is totally devoid of knowledge about the Stars gets posted here. It isn't based on this one example and even if it was, you are so far from reality that you shame the whole enterprise.

Akipa

Jul 19, 2012
There's something fitting about you reading that comment and jumping to this conclusion instead of defending the thing you published. "I think it's unfair that you read my terrible article and say it is representative of our whole brand". Way to stand behind what you wrote, your confidence in your product speaks to its quality.

LWOS is consistent in that 2-3 times a year a clumsily written article that is totally devoid of knowledge about the Stars gets posted here. It isn't based on this one example and even if it was, you are so far from reality that you shame the whole enterprise.

You're doing exactly what you're bashing me for. Never once in my comment did I say that I'm not backing the article. There is a HUGE difference between me not backing it and saying that just because they don't like it doesn't mean that they won't like other articles, which was my point.

You drew your own conclusion from my statement, and it wasn't a correct conclusion.

Edit: So far from reality that I shame the entire enterprise? Talk about the most overexaggerated statement ever. I don't mean to be rude, but you took a false conclusion from my statement that was not at all my point. And also, not sure there's really any basis to your '2-3 articles a year totally devoid of knowledge' comment either. I'm sorry you didn't agree with the article, but that's the beauty of sports and sports journalism, everyone has an opinion. As long as there's a valid reasoning behind it, it can be argued.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
we all agree that it is a quality article

maybe TheAthletic will kickstart a division in Dallas and pick up the author

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
You're doing exactly what you're bashing me for. Never once in my comment did I say that I'm not backing the article. There is a HUGE difference between me not backing it and saying that just because they don't like it doesn't mean that they won't like other articles, which was my point.

You drew your own conclusion from my statement, and it wasn't a correct conclusion.

Edit: So far from reality that I shame the entire enterprise? Talk about the most overexaggerated statement ever. I don't mean to be rude, but you took a false conclusion from my statement that was not at all my point. And also, not sure there's really any basis to your '2-3 articles a year totally devoid of knowledge' comment either. I'm sorry you didn't agree with the article, but that's the beauty of sports and sports journalism, everyone has an opinion. As long as there's a valid reasoning behind it, it can be argued.

Have a great day.

I don't have to prove a negative. You didn't say you stood by it, what you did was suggest that not all LWOS stuff is as bad as yours. And you still didn't back it.

We must be well past the point where the time you've spent responding in this thread has exceeded the time spent researching and writing the article in question.

You played yourself so hard. Why keep digging?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wow, not often lately I would be taking Misty's side.

Tuesday, I saw a business team presenting a big report. One reviewer commented that all the typos and a few bombastic statements made him question the quality of the content. The presenter protested that typos and a few errors shouldn't matter.

Sadly, they do with most people, and it is what it is. If you are going to write for public consumption, the onus is squarely on you to make grammar perfect and avoid big and obvious content mistakes. That article made a few content mistakes that, to Stars fans with vested emotional interest in our team, rendered the whole article almost moot.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
It just gets depressing getting excited to read content about the Stars and then seeing an article where it feels like hardly any research or effort put into it other than glancing over the summer transactions. I'm sure there was efforts made, but it just comes across as lazy to see all this stuff so far off the mark.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes we do. And there are getting to be so many of them, with national and DFW coverage, they sort of overlap as well. Most say nothing new, and in many cases, many just regurgitate what has been written before.

Of course, we still click to read.....you never know until you read it if you will get anything out of it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wow, not often lately I would be taking Misty's side.

Tuesday, I saw a business team presenting a big report. One reviewer commented that all the typos and a few bombastic statements made him question the quality of the content. The presenter protested that typos and a few errors shouldn't matter.

Sadly, they do with most people, and it is what it is. If you are going to write for public consumption, the onus is squarely on you to make grammar perfect and avoid big and obvious content mistakes. That article made a few content mistakes that, to Stars fans with vested emotional interest in our team, rendered the whole article almost moot.

If you can't even take the time to make sure simple things such as grammar and spelling are correct, why would anyone think the rest of whatever it is would be a quality product?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I can't even bring myself to read the piece.

An article talking about how we lost my beloved Sharp, Hemsky and Niemi this off-season...so sad...can hardly function.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad