Speculation: PSA Granlund Buyout?

Will Granlund get Bought out by the Penguins this second buyout window?

• YES

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • NO

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope he doesn't because f*** the lot of you for blaming Granlund and not realizing Sullivan was the problem for him too.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
We're still paying for JMFJ aren't we?
If there's a trade/moves in the works, sure why not add to the pile.

Otherwise, enjoy Hextall's swan song for a few more years.
No sane GM will give up anything of worth for this scrub that Sullivan is taking care of in Russell's old room according to our local lunatic.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I hope he doesn't because f*** the lot of you for blaming Granlund and not realizing Sullivan was the problem for him too.
I mean, Granlund objectively stunk here last year. I think we can all agree he's likely better than he showed, but he was scoring at a Poehling/Archibald level. At $5mil, that's just flat-out not good enough.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If I can work out a deal for assets to Calgary for a young LD like Hanifin I prefer that. Thus moving him to Calgary with prospect and picks makes sense.
Petts, number 1 pick, Smith or POJ, Granlund at say 3 million retained and see if Calgary bites. Calgary knows he is gone after this year so they replace him with a cost controlled LD and pick up a pick, Add POJ or Smith for taking Granlund at 3.5 AAV.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, Granlund objectively stunk here last year. I think we can all agree he's likely better than he showed, but he was scoring at a Poehling/Archibald level. At $5mil, that's just flat-out not good enough.
Career 0.60ppg player that stunk only here at a what 0.25ppg pace? Couldn't be the coach misusing said player in the wrong role could it?

If only we had multiple examples of this...

Reactions: Pens1566

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Career 0.60ppg player that stunk only here at a what 0.25ppg pace? Couldn't be the coach misusing said player in the wrong role could it?

If only we had multiple examples of this...

Of course he was grossly misused. He's still not worth keeping because if it and must be bought out.

You get a soft playmaker that scores on the PP playing a defensive shut down role. Expect nothing less from Sully.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If I can work out a deal for assets to Calgary for a young LD like Hanifin I prefer that. Thus moving him to Calgary with prospect and picks makes sense.
Petts, number 1 pick, Smith or POJ, Granlund at say 3 million retained and see if Calgary bites. Calgary knows he is gone after this year so they replace him with a cost controlled LD and pick up a pick, Add POJ or Smith for taking Granlund at 3.5 AAV.
Holy balls is there another Hanifin I dont know about?

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Granlund is cooked. He has no burst and his top end speed is even worse. When you can't skate, you can't play. Pens need to ship him out the door ASAP

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Will he? No. Should he? Absolutely. He should've been bought out back when the 1st buyout window was opened up if the team did its due diligence in trying to move him and couldn't.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So we are indeed keeping Granlund. Oh what a season it will be.
Will be watching for the laughs... sure to be many and varied for flavor.
The downside of a wonderful 14 or whatever years since sids arrival... this team is cooked though until they land a #1 pick --- whenever that is.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Granlund was EVER on the table for a buyout it was to fascilate a Karlsson trade in which case Guentzel being out changes absolutely nothing regarding whether they're going to buy him out or not. "Oh we can't get uh, 100 pt scorer Erik Karlsson now because we need to replace 40 goal scorer Guentzel for a few weeks with uh, Mikhael Granlund."

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
The buyout window hasn't even opened yet.
So the window opens sometime today through sometime Monday. So we should know by tomorrow correct? He has to go on waivers right?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Getting granlund of the books and moving Petts for Hanifin who has more offensive game will cost to do so. Granlund at 3 million Pens retain 2 is the buyout number anyway. So move him in the Hanifin trade and pay the Flames to take him. Maybe a number 2 pick POJ, Petts moves the needle. If not, buyout Granlund and move on as the cap increases anyway.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Getting granlund of the books and moving Petts for Hanifin who has more offensive game will cost to do so. Granlund at 3 million Pens retain 2 is the buyout number anyway. So move him in the Hanifin trade and pay the Flames to take him. Maybe a number 2 pick POJ, Petts moves the needle. If not, buyout Granlund and move on as the cap increases anyway.
Hanifin is very very overrated if you think we should move Petts+ for him.

The way Petts is trending I'd bet a ton of money he's more valuable than Hanifin going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad