45 Josh Archibald
49 Dominik Simon
59 Jake Guentzel
60 Adam Krause

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
When it comes to fighting, I don't think Prout is in the same strata as Sestito.

Man, that is a Pens line-up that makes this game almost unwatchable. Other then our young guys getting more ice time, this isn't really a Pens team worth watching. What I mean is, they usually put some veterans in the line-up.

When the CBJ send their squad to Pittsburgh, they shouldn't send any regulars.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I haven't given this full attention, but it seems that Bobs is, as usual, left out to dry and the offense can't generate any dangerous attempts. Accurate?

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I haven't given this full attention, but it seems that Bobs is, as usual, left out to dry and the offense can't generate any dangerous attempts. Accurate?

That's pretty much what I've seen. Jones turned inside out on the first goal. Bob left to defend a point blank shot. 2nd goal pretty much the same story. Bob has to stop a few of these. Bjorkstrand missed a golden opportunity on the 5 on 3 and was stoned on the second still 5 on 3.

Gagner/Saad with good starts everybody has been pretty meh since

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Boy oh boy, I'm ready to start fielding some decent lineups... send the prospects back to where they'll be for the regular season.

I think some extra time for the regulars to play together and gel before the season starts could actually be pretty beneficial for us. Fielding a piss-poor defense in front of Bob isn't exactly a confidence builder going into the season.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Boy oh boy, I'm ready to start fielding some decent lineups... send the prospects back to where they'll be for the regular season.

I think some extra time for the regulars to play together and gel before the season starts could actually be pretty beneficial for us. Fielding a piss-poor defense in front of Bob isn't exactly a confidence builder going into the season.

I look for another pre-season game of youth, then it should start getting real in the last 2 games.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Markus Nutivaara 73.08% 5v5 Corsi, +36.91% RelTM, this is with 17:16 of 5v5 ice time, highest on the team.

#2 has 60.00% 5v5 Corsi.

I believe I mentioned some time ago that I believed Nutivaara was underrated on this forum. I couldn't watch the game but I'm sure he played as well as always.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I look for another pre-season game of youth, then it should start getting real in the last 2 games.

Jones on the ice and directly responsible for the first goal. Prout and his partner on the ice for the second.

My takeaway from the game was the lack of firepower/energy on the offensive end. Dubois, Saad, Bjorkstrand, were very underwhelming

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Back from the game. Nutivaara was decent, and Stoll was noticeable, but that was a pretty brutal game from the Jackets. Some of these kids need to reach for the brass ring and grab it...opportunity could wait awhile to knock again.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Back from NWA. Jones lost an edge and led directly to the first goal. Otherwise, he was very good for most of the night.

Bob looked like he took a bad angle on that second goal. NHL players would score on that 9 times out of 10.

Everyone on our club looked like they had very heavy legs. The WBS Penguins skated circles around the future Monsters. Overall, meh! A reminder why I don't attend more pre-season games.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nice to see that we lost to a roster with 3.5 NHLers when we field about 8.5 NHLers and a bunch of kids who are supposed to challenge for spots.

I'm not expert but not scoring won't win games. Preseason means nothing and I said I would refuse to buy into anything from it, but the lack of urgency from the pushing top prospects is concerning for the upcoming season.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I watched the game on the NHL network.

For those that spent your money for admission, parking and concessions, to watch that......I'm so sorry. You deserve better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad