Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I'm not the official Bruins GM here, but based on the discussions on the Bruins Board regarding the draft, Boston would select Logan Couture at this position.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
scotiahockey said:
I'm not the official Bruins GM here, but based on the discussions on the Bruins Board regarding the draft, Boston would select Logan Couture at this position.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's probably who the consensus pick would be anyway.

Bergy37 has until midnight tonight to show up and announce his pick for the Bruins. If he fails to do so, you can have the draft for the Bruins if you like, since you were the first Bruins fan to show up here.

Thanks,

P_B

:bb:

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
While I am sure it would be a blast to take this over, I think a much more informed choice would be Kirk- NEHJ. He posted under prussians thread on the bruins boards, and I am confident that he would be the man for the job. My internet access is sporadic at best lately with my job and such.

couture is the pick for us at this spot however...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
scotiahockey said:
While I am sure it would be a blast to take this over, I think a much more informed choice would be Kirk- NEHJ. He posted under prussians thread on the bruins boards, and I am confident that he would be the man for the job. My internet access is sporadic at best lately with my job and such.

couture is the pick for us at this spot however...

Kirk is a good, knowledgeable poster whom I'm sure will do a great job. I replied to his post at the Bruins' board and let him know he has my blessing to take this over.

I expect him to announce his selection shortly.

========== E D I T ==========

OK, we have a situation here.

I just got a PM from bergy37, indicating that he wants to draft someone not named Logan Couture for the Bruins.

Why he would have just PM'd me, and not posted his choice here, I don't know.

This not five seconds after I sent a PM to Kirk-NEHJ and let him know that as far as I was concerned, he could take over the Bruins' draft.

It's my fault, solely, for jumping the gun and not waiting until bergy37's time had officially expired, but now I'm sort of at a loss as to how to hande this going forward.

I appreciate bergy's willingness to step up two months ago and indicate that he'd like to take the Bruins for this mock, but I'd also like to have Kirk's participation, as I know him to be a good, sound hockey poster. Plus, he's a soldier in Iraq answering the call of duty, and as a veteran myself, that strikes a chord in me.

Fairness dictates that we take bergy's selection, since he is still the "official" GM, and his time has not yet expired. I can't cast a vote one way or the other on this topic, however, as quite frankly, I'd like to use the very next pick to select Couture for the Blues if we agree to allow bergy's pick of another player to stand.

I'll bow to the consensus of the board. We have until midnight tonight to arrive at said consensus.

P_B

Last edited:

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Well if you want Couture at #9 PB, then the Bruins HAVE to have him at #8 :sarcasm:

More seriously, go with Bergy's pick as he's the "official GM" and made his selection in time. The moral of the story is to make sure someone is going to flake on commitments before you make new plans :D :sarcasm:

bergy37*

With the 8th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins are pleased to select, from Leninogorsk of the Russian Premier League, W Maxim Mayorov.

:bruins

My bad i was on holidays and couldnt get to a comp but i want mayorov

Last edited by a moderator:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kirk is a good, knowledgeable poster whom I'm sure will do a great job. I replied to his post at the Bruins' board and let him know he has my blessing to take this over.

I expect him to announce his selection shortly.

========== E D I T ==========

OK, we have a situation here.

I just got a PM from bergy37, indicating that he wants to draft someone not named Logan Couture for the Bruins.

Why he would have just PM'd me, and not posted his choice here, I don't know.

This not five seconds after I sent a PM to Kirk-NEHJ and let him know that as far as I was concerned, he could take over the Bruins' draft.

It's my fault, solely, for jumping the gun and not waiting until bergy37's time had officially expired, but now I'm sort of at a loss as to how to hande this going forward.

I appreciate bergy's willingness to step up two months ago and indicate that he'd like to take the Bruins for this mock, but I'd also like to have Kirk's participation, as I know him to be a good, sound hockey poster. Plus, he's a soldier in Iraq answering the call of duty, and as a veteran myself, that strikes a chord in me.

Fairness dictates that we take bergy's selection, since he is still the "official" GM, and his time has not yet expired. I can't cast a vote one way or the other on this topic, however, as quite frankly, I'd like to use the very next pick to select Couture for the Blues if we agree to allow bergy's pick of another player to stand.

I'll bow to the consensus of the board. We have until midnight tonight to arrive at said consensus.

P_B

I am going to have to say that bergy37 remains the GM of the Bruins since he has done nothing wrong and made his selection in time. Maybe bergy37 is willing to work with Kirk-NEHJ if Kirk-NEHJ wants to be invovled?

Bergy37 though, we have a standard drafting post that is neccassary, and it would be nice if you either reposted or edited your post to accomodate that. And why did you quote the first page?

bergy37*

ya i should be ableto make all the next picks like i said i was on vactional and forgot to tell anyone but id like to have Kirk-NEHJ on my side

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I know nothing about Mayorov, and he is rated ahead of Couture on several boards...however, I hope this is not another Dimitri Kvartolnov:shakehead

Not sure if this is supposed to be a concensus pick or not, but I don't think the Russian would be THAT choice if you polled the B's board.

Any info on M&M would be greatly appreciated.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Hasbro said:
Yeah bergy should get to pick. Sorry I jumped the gun.:help:

No, it's my fault, since it's my mock. The puck stops here...

...anyay, this should now come as no surprise:

With the 9th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from the Ottawa 67's of the Ontario Hockey League, C Logan Couture.

:blues

Florida (Nanzenkills) is next, and has been PMed.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
With the 10th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers are pleased to select, from the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL, D Keaton Ellerby.

panthers.gif

Carolina is up next, DaveG has been PM'd.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Sorry it took so long to get back to post, especially if I'm doing a trade instead of a pick.

Carolina trades picks #11 and #101

to

Colorado for picks #14 and #55

PM has been sent

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
With the 11th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Colorado Avalanche are pleased to select, from The Omaha Lancers of the USHL, Defenseman NICK PETRECKI

:avs

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
The Montreal Canadiens select Ryan McDonagh D Cretin-Derham (USHS) 6-1/200

With the 12th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select, from Cretin-Durham High School, defenseman Ryan McDonagh.

:habs

PLEASE use the above format to post all selections. bergy37, you've been asked twice now to change your long, unnecessary post above to the standard format. I've asked the board mod, and one of the super-mods, to change it for you, since you can't seem to find the time to respond to me or to make the change yourself.

:pb:

Thanks,

P_B

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
:rant: Do I have to do all of your work?

:D

*sigh* I've fixed the format for Boston's pick. I can't remember if that's the correct name of the league or not, if it's incorrect PM me with the correct name and I'll fix it.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
With the 13th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select, from the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, C Angelo Esposito.

:leafs

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With the 14th overall pick, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, center Zach Hamill

:canes

Edmonton is on the clock, PM has been sent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad