Protect 1 of These Players

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
It's about time in my league to make some cuts heading into the off-season. The way my league works, is that at the end of each season you protect 15 players from your 22-man roster, and cut the rest. We also have a 25-man max prospect pool, with these players automatically being carried over each year.

Anyways, I know who my top 14 guys will be, but there is a bunch of candidates for my 15th keeper spot - I always have the chance to get some of the guys I cut, back in the supplemental draft.

The candidates are: Neal Pionk, Tomas Hertl, Ryan Donato, Esa Lindell, Jordan Staal and Hampus Lindholm.

Of my 14 keepers, I have 4 centers, 2 left wings, 3 right wings, 4 d-men, and 1 goalie. It's not really a big deal if I'm lacking or hoarding a certain position in my Top 15, as I can always fix that with the supplemental draft - still, with 4 keeper d-men, I'm leaning more towards a forward. The roster positions in my league are: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 1UTIL, 1G, 6BN. It's a banger H2H-One Win league, with the following stat categories being relevant: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Hertl is the player I'm leaning the most towards - Lindell and Staal I'm hardly considering, but they're close enough in value.

I think it's worth noting that I'm really high on Brandon Montour, and that he's one of my 14 keepers. I can see people making the case for replacing him with one of the other guys, but I really doubt that I'm not protecting Montour.

Thanks in advance.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Hertl, how do you even need to think about this.
Hahaha, because maybe it's worth considering that one of the other players just might have a better year than Hertl next year. What an insane thought, eh? I know he's the safe choice, but it's not self-evident or apparent like your demeaning comment suggests. Some people.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hertl hasn't had the point production that I thought he'd have this year, but I'd keep him and hope he improves even more. He was eligible at all three forward spots this year. He'll probably be center and left wing next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad