Prospects that may be called up for the playoffs.

soundtigersfan

Feb 28, 2007
CT
Jeff Tambellini is a strong possibility for the Islanders. Wade Dubielewicz could see some time in net or on the bench if DiP goes down or if Dunham struggles, too.

Buckleys

Jul 21, 2006
Senators will use there 4 call ups going into the playoffs as always. 1 goaltender, one defensemen, and two forwards.

Goaltender will be Kelly Guard, because hes still probably the better of the three minor league goalies and has more professional experience.

Defensemen, Allison or Kudelka.

Forwards. Hennessy and either Heerema or Ebbet.

Transported Upstater

Marc Staal is a possibility.

Dubinsky probably if Hartford goes out early.

Liffiton is a possibility if Hartford is gone early.

I honestly think that despite how good Staal is, a year in Hartford would do him wonders.

The Rangers have been patient with him so far, and I love the way they've handled his development. Why stop now? Give him a year in Hartford, then stick him on the Rangers permanently for 2008-09. :)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
well for the Hawks there is.... ummmmm.... errrrrrr......wait a sec.. oh yeah, you said PLAYOFFS, I thought you said layoffs. my bad. :teach:

But in all honesty I see the Sabres sticking with Michael Ryan, Rangers going with Callahan, Colorado plucking Hensick, Senators with Kudelka and Hennessy, anf the Lightning with Smaby, but I think someone said they already brought him up.

It all depends on each teams needs, and just how far along some of these kids are.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Our's are already up. :cry:

Thats not an entirely a bad thing, you have some great young talent that is contributing to the NHL club every night. You can be like the Hawks if you like, and have great young talent who doesnt contribute to your team yet, or have been contributing to other teams for the past decade because of moronic trades.

By the way, I haven't heard to much about Patrick Davis this year, any idea how he is doing in the AHL? I thought he was one of the best sleeper picks of his draft, kids got whirls of talent and great size.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I honestly think that despite how good Staal is, a year in Hartford would do him wonders.

The Rangers have been patient with him so far, and I love the way they've handled his development. Why stop now? Give him a year in Hartford, then stick him on the Rangers permanently for 2008-09. :)

Is there a reason they couldn't do both? I imagine it's unlikely he'd play in Hartford if he was successful in the playoffs for the Rangers, but at least in theory, they could give him a look AND opt to give him a season in Hartford next year. Are you concerned about the fast call up doing damage to his game? He seems like a pretty composed kid and comes from a family with more than enough exposure to the sportlight of NHL life, so I doubt he would suffer any mental/confidence problems if he didn't do so well.

Transported Upstater

Is there a reason they couldn't do both? I imagine it's unlikely he'd play in Hartford if he was successful in the playoffs for the Rangers, but at least in theory, they could give him a look AND opt to give him a season in Hartford next year. Are you concerned about the fast call up doing damage to his game? He seems like a pretty composed kid and comes from a family with more than enough exposure to the sportlight of NHL life, so I doubt he would suffer any mental/confidence problems if he didn't do so well.

I think that bringing him up to the Rangers after the conclusion of Sudbury's season wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It would help him become acclimated to the NHL. Even if he doesn't play at all, it's still a good experience. However, Hartford has a pretty good team this year, so why not send Staal there to get some more playoff experience? He'd play a key role, which he wouldn't do with the Rangers. It will come down to whether the experience of being with the NHL team will or will not outweigh getting more AHL playing time and playoff experience.

I was wondering more about whether or not Staal will be a Ranger in '07-'08, which I don't think should happen.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Thats not an entirely a bad thing, you have some great young talent that is contributing to the NHL club every night. You can be like the Hawks if you like, and have great young talent who doesnt contribute to your team yet, or have been contributing to other teams for the past decade because of moronic trades.

By the way, I haven't heard to much about Patrick Davis this year, any idea how he is doing in the AHL? I thought he was one of the best sleeper picks of his draft, kids got whirls of talent and great size.

This I don't really know. He has less than 20 points in 40 games.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why do you have to call players up? Is it because the rosters will be set during the playoffs and you have no chance of calling up any other players?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Depending on when the Canes go out/if they qualify and if the Rats go out/if they qualify:

Justin Peters
Craig Kowalski
Brett Carson
Joe Barnes
Keith Aucoin
David Gove

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Stars -

not sure about goalie-probably Ellis
defense Grossman
forward-maybe Lessard (but probably not)-lots of guys back from injury means mnagor call-ups doubtful

TrueNucker

Jul 27, 2006
For the Canucks, I could see Micheal Grabner, Mason Raymond or Luc Bourdon possibly being brought up from their leagues after their team is eliminated.

Everett’s up 2-0 on Spokane. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad