Prospects and Marlies Thread February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I wasn't complaining about Subban. I honestly think we need players with that kind of attitude in the league more. I was saying if Kadri said in that arrogant way that Subban did

Would love to have PK, one of my favorite players ( kills me he is a Hab). He does lead his team in scoring and probably only Karlsson can say he is better offensively.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Brown is a guy who needs to get into the NHL asap to get up to speed. He has tremendous puck skills but his speed is going to need a lot of work to succeed at the NHL level. The sooner he's up there the better.

We already know the Nylander and Kapanen and Leipsic a recast enough and skilled enough to play in the NHL right now. Brown I think needs the call-up more to get a taste of the speed of the game at the top level.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Brown is a guy who needs to get into the NHL asap to get up to speed. He has tremendous puck skills but his speed is going to need a lot of work to succeed at the NHL level. The sooner he's up there the better.

We already know the Nylander and Kapanen and Leipsic a recast enough and skilled enough to play in the NHL right now. Brown I think needs the call-up more to get a taste of the speed of the game at the top level.

I'm hoping we'll see Brown after the trade deadline. He did just come back from a lengthy injury so they might want him to stay down a bit longer.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Love that from Hyman on the 4th. Has the patience and presence of mind to get the simple goal rather than going it alone.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Love that from Hyman on the 4th. Has the patience and presence of mind to get the simple goal rather than going it alone.

He's a perfect compliment to Nylander/Kapanen. Yet another guy that I would be interested in seeing with the big club. He's probably their hardest working forward and it seems he could easily make the transition to the NHL.

It's so hard to be critical of any of these Marlie's forwards. They really do play as a team. I feel like any of them could play on the Leafs.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leipsic is really showing some great stuff. Probably our best LW prospect in terms of potential.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
For all the **** Hyman got about his dads involvement with his career and riding the coattails of Larkin, he's really had a strong season. I know he's older at 23, but I can see him carving out a spot in the bottom-six ala Froese.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
For all the **** Hyman got about his dads involvement with his career and riding the coattails of Larkin, he's really had a strong season. I know he's older at 23, but I can see him carving out a spot in the bottom-six ala Froese.

He's been very noticeable out there, since X-mas.. I agree.. I am liking him more and more..

Flashback Zach-Attack: Zach Hyman Montage - TML 2015-16

Last edited:

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
I was really impressed last night from the team. Nylander, Kapanen, Soshnikov, Leipsic all looked very impressive... (and Wilkes-Barrie's goalie for the first 2 periods).

Nylander... The kids a stud... Has the team always been using him at the point? I noticed he was there quite a bit last night...

Kapanen... His skating is incredible. Very good hands with the puck as well.

Soshnikov... He is loaded with raw skill. He mightve led the team in shots last night if he just hit the net... Very fast skater and he's great at rushing the puck into the offensive zone.

Leipsic... This kid has some sick hands.

There's definitely a common theme with these Marlies: Skill and speed.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I was really impressed last night from the team. Nylander, Kapanen, Soshnikov, Leipsic all looked very impressive... (and Wilkes-Barrie's goalie for the first 2 periods).

Nylander... The kids a stud... Has the team always been using him at the point? I noticed he was there quite a bit last night...

Kapanen... His skating is incredible. Very good hands with the puck as well.

Soshnikov... He is loaded with raw skill. He mightve led the team in shots last night if he just hit the net... Very fast skater and he's great at rushing the puck into the offensive zone.

Leipsic... This kid has some sick hands.

There's definitely a common theme with these Marlies: Skill and speed.

YEP! ...and you can add more to that list... I've watched games where all four lines have been scoring evenly.. and Sparks and Bibeau have been very good for us.. If you guys have a chance, take the time to watch this one, if you haven't seen it already.. ALL GOALS from the first 50 Marlies games, this season.. Some real beauts, in this one..!

Hockey Gods Gifts: Toronto Marlies First 50 Games Highlights - 2015-16

Number13

May 21, 2007
You can add me to the Hyman fan club. Bull on skates and has good work ethic and iq. He'll be a Leaf after the trade deadline.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
You can add me to the Hyman fan club. Bull on skates and has good work ethic and iq. He'll be a Leaf after the trade deadline.

Me too. He's an absolute tank and has the work ethic to use his frame to his advantage. He seems like a very mature guy and has what it takes to contribute to a winning team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a mainstay on the third line in the future.

OvenMittz*

Anybody worth noting thats going to be left out tonight because of the back to back??

What are the line ups? I get more excited watching the Marlies than watching the leafs.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
At the acc today to watch the marlies game! If anyone has any questions on guys let me know, I'll gladly answer!

OvenMittz*

Yeah my bad. My friend is a pilot and got called out on a flight last minute this morning

No problem. Next time you decide you can't go to a game you can shoot me a PM ;) ill most likely go unless im working late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad