Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread ‎VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Nielsen showing his star potential. Kid is going to be perfect playing with Rielly in the near future.

Rielly - Nielsen
Gardiner - Zaitsev

Speaking of which, why is he playing the left side? I always thought he played the right, from what I've seen at least. He's a right handed shot is he not?

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Nielsen showing his star potential. Kid is going to be perfect playing with Rielly in the near future.

Rielly - Nielsen
Gardiner - Zaitsev

Speaking of which, why is he playing the left side? I always thought he played the right, from what I've seen at least. He's a right handed shot is he not?

Very much so a left handed shot

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003

Rielly - Nielsen
Gardiner - Zaitsev

Really questioning if you've actually seen him play or not.

And he could still play with Rielly, considering Morgan plays the right side.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Really surprised no one came in here raving about Kasperi's goal. It was pretty incredible. Electric speed.

Also Leipsic and Johnsson may prove too good for the AHL by the new year. Do we ever have a logjam at wing.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Really surprised no one came in here raving about Kasperi's goal. It was pretty incredible. Electric speed.

Also Leipsic and Johnsson may prove too good for the AHL by the new year. Do we ever have a logjam at wing.

Nylander
Marner
Brown
Hyman
Kapanen
Soshnikov
Johnsson
Rychel
Leipsic
Griffith
Lindberg
Timashov
Leivo
Moore

+
Korshkov
Bracco
Grundstrom
Dzierkals

Got to think a prospect or two from the leafs/marlies will be traded at some point this season. Trade from a position of strength for a position of need.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Glad you posted that. I was howling at the game highlights. That goal was beautiful. Takes the heavy slash in the process. He and Timashov look like they're having fun together.

The team as a whole looks like they are relishing the opportunity to perform with the leaders of the past couple seasons(Nylander, Brown, Leivo, Brennan) not on the team this year.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

His speed causes havoc which caused the goal, but the Utica guy put it in his own net. So it is sort of hard to rave about when he didn't actually finish it.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

As others mentioned, he didn't really put the puck in, but it was a great rush with lots of speed, as I mentioned earlier.

Management were very happy with his play in the playoffs last year. He's carried that through pre-season & with the Marlies so far. Good speed on his goal today.

His pass to Timashov was assume as well.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
It would be huge for the Leafs if Kapanen could play a top 6 role for us. I haven't paid much attention to him lately. I'm excited to see how he develops this year on the farm.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
It would be huge for the Leafs if Kapanen could play a top 6 role for us. I haven't paid much attention to him lately. I'm excited to see how he develops this year on the farm.

He's certainly worked hard to make himself NHL ready, he is much more engaged in the game now. Assuming Nylander and Marner continue to play RW, that puts him in competition with Komarov, Brown, and Griffith. It would be great if he beats some of those guys out for jobs.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
He's certainly worked hard to make himself NHL ready, he is much more engaged in the game now. Assuming Nylander and Marner continue to play RW, that puts him in competition with Komarov, Brown, and Griffith. It would be great if he beats some of those guys out for jobs.

I think Nylander will be transitioned to centre either later this year or next year (or once Bozak's gone). We have too much winger depth to keep him there.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
A bit of speculating here but it seems that Dubas and the Marlies management team may feel that the Marlies are weak at center and could make some moves to address that.

Potential we see some winger prospects moved for center prospects even if they are slightly lower caliber?

Dubas just favourited this tweet.

Having two lethal wingers on almost every line will easily compensate for this exaggeration.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kasperi is more talented and faster than brown and sosh, hes a bit bigger too...but brown and sosh play with a lot of intensity, brown battles and sosh plays pretty physical for a small guy

kappy just needs a bit of that toughness and effort, and hes gonna be a great wing...hes decent size 6'0 190, hes elitely fast, i think hes faster than nylander, solid stick handling, solid passing, and a great shot

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
kasperi is more talented and faster than brown and sosh, hes a bit bigger too...but brown and sosh play with a lot of intensity, brown battles and sosh plays pretty physical for a small guy

kappy just needs a bit of that toughness and effort, and hes gonna be a great wing...hes decent size 6'0 190, hes elitely fast, i think hes faster than nylander, solid stick handling, solid passing, and a great shot

Kas got a taste of the big life with the leafs and now that his buddy Willy is gone he's gone beast mode. Really happy for him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Can't forget Kapanen is only 20 playing in the AHL with over a year of experience .. He's got a lot of tools, and could be poised for a huge growth year. If he puts it together he could be a great scoring top 6 winger.

The highlights today shows what he can do.

Expecting him to step up and be more of a go-to offense guy on the team this year on a regular basis.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm

Nevermind.

Last edited:

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Can't forget Kapanen is only 20 playing in the AHL with over a year of experience .. He's got a lot of tools, and could be poised for a huge growth year. If he puts it together he could be a great scoring top 6 winger.

The highlights today shows what he can do.

Expecting him to step up and be more of a go-to offense guy on the team this year on a regular basis.

he ll be a leaf soon or part of the trouba trade ..lol him and johnnson are just too good for the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad