***** Prospect Releases & BUY-OUTS 2011 *******

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Gentleman,

It is that time again.

Please remember that there is an 80 player player limit for all rosters. With the incoming draftees and free agents, it is time to pare down that roster.

The DEADLINE for all releases is a couple of days BEFORE JULY 1st (or whatever day our free agency begins).

PLEASE email [email protected] all of your releases from your prospect list. All buy outs of players still under contract come with a buy-out of one years' worth of contract.

THANK YOU

Matthew & Jon
The Sim Gods (and apologies to all those who were monotheists...)

Lists received from

NYI

Last edited by a moderator:

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
If a player signed in Europe last year and is now on a teams' prospect list, that player can be released for free, correct?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I missed this deadline badly and just discovered it. I ask for leniency in the ability to cut some of the dead weight and duplicates from my roster and allow them to find new homes via free agency. I don't know if anything can be done, but I sent an email to the above address with my releases.

Edit: I have done extensive UDFA scouting and not being able to release a few of my prospects would certainly preclude me from being able to make a concerted effort to sign them. Since free agency hasn't technically started, I would like to petition the league for mercy with the qualifier of even losing draft picks for my oversight if required.

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I missed this deadline badly and just discovered it. I ask for leniency in the ability to cut some of the dead weight and duplicates from my roster and allow them to find new homes via free agency. I don't know if anything can be done, but I sent an email to the above address with my releases.

Edit: I have done extensive UDFA scouting and not being able to release a few of my prospects would certainly preclude me from being able to make a concerted effort to sign them. Since free agency hasn't technically started, I would like to petition the league for mercy with the qualifier of even losing draft picks for my oversight if required.

Last year two teams missed the deadline and had to make other arrangements to dump players, so for the sake of consistency, I can't see the league breaking its own precedent.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Last year two teams missed the deadline and had to make other arrangements to dump players, so for the sake of consistency, I can't see the league breaking its own precedent.

I understand the need for rigidity, which is why I offered to take a draft pick penalty for the ability to do so. I hope to allow the league to decide.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I understand the need for rigidity, which is why I offered to take a draft pick penalty for the ability to do so. I hope to allow the league to decide.

Sorry, but as Keogh said, teams got stuck in this very same situation last year. It's now four days after the deadline, and reminders were sent via email as well as posted on this message board. As such, I can't see making any room for leniency in this instance.

My advice is to post a list of players you want to dump, and hopefully someone will help you out. Maybe even offer teams a pick to take players off your hands.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Sorry, but as Keogh said, teams got stuck in this very same situation last year. It's now four days after the deadline, and reminders were sent via email as well as posted on this message board. As such, I can't see making any room for leniency in this instance.

My advice is to post a list of players you want to dump, and hopefully someone will help you out. Maybe even offer teams a pick to take players off your hands.

Drats. I suppose if nothing works out I will just have to proceed as normal and take the due punishment for being in excess of players. I had hoped to avoid that, but missing out on this wave of UDFA players would be critical to the future of this franchise. The weak would only be getting weaker.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
C Denis Platonov
C/LW Andrew Clark 07
D Steven Delisle
D Valery Zhukov 06
D Yakov Rylov 05
G Chris Holt
Lukas Krajicek EURO
LW Chad Wiseman
LW Ryan Hillier 06
Michael Ryan
RW Martin Latal 06
Thomas Pock (Euro)
W Juraj Simek 06

Here is the list of players available for sympathy. If anybody has a ton of extra room, I would be happy to give you a draft pick and a fairly substantial one for taking 5+ of these contracts in exchange for $1 or the minimum cash amount that can be traded for in this league.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Josh i have about 40 free roster spots and can take them on for the right price of course as i have zero cap space my free agency other the UDFA i wont be very active

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Josh i have about 40 free roster spots and can take them on for the right price of course as i have zero cap space my free agency other the UDFA i wont be very active

Sent you a PM, Zach. Hope we can work something out here. You were one of the teams I had in mind for being able to dump on for the benefit of picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00