Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #3 (2023 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #3 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Goalies are players I'm still learning about. I either like them or I don't but can't tell you specifics. Not saying I'm a scout or anything like that.

Heck, NHL scouts are still figuring out goalies.

Ditto on all that.

I'd add that I think the NHL is in a bit of an evolutionary moment. The way teams have homed in on cross slot passes and making the goalie go from post to post is changing what teams want from athletes a little I think. Smaller, faster guys like Murashov are a little in. You watch his highlights and he absolutely stones a few 2 on 1s that I'd normally think "that goes in" and I don't blame the goalie. That's exciting stuff to me.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pretty cool to see the rise of so many great young Russian goalies. Must have been a point of focus since that was a weakness for Russia for decades.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Regardless of what it looks like to some, I’m going to have two goalies in our top four prospects lol…Murashov, though further from the NHL,just has too much promise over the next best prospects in Poulin and Puusy…at this point, Puusy only one year of prospect eligibility left imo…if he doesn’t make it to the NHL this year, and Sullivan will make that near impossible, he shouldn’t be on the list at age 25 lol

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Hamaliuk and Legare looks pretty even on the first glance. Second/third rounder who hasn't really gotten going in the AHL yet.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Earlier this summer I made a prediction that I think Legare would be a 4th liner in the NHL this season. Even stated that it probably wouldn't be with the Pens. In WBS he rarely took a shift off and was at it at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Murashov > Blomqvist

I voted Broz. I think he’s one of the few guys on here that could be more than just a cup of coffee in the league, even if it’s unlikely.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad