Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #2 (2023 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #2 Prospect?

• Belliveau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broz

• Gauthier

• Ilyin

• Jarventie

• Puustinen

• Svejkovksy

• Tankov

• other (tell me who in your post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
*votes while thinking what to say*

*looks at vote score*

Well, looks like this one might be quick.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Top-6 feels pretty clear to me:

1.Pickering
2.Yager
3.Blomqvist
4.Poulin/Puusy
5.Poulin/Puusy
6.Broz

After that I really have no idea

Reactions: Giskard

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Pickering (again). His size/skating combination is pretty rare, and I don't think there is any reason to be concerned about his hockey IQ.

I'd add Zam Plante to the next poll. He's a better prospect than a handful of the listed guys, in my opinion.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pickering (again). His size/skating combination is pretty rare, and I don't think there is any reason to be concerned about his hockey IQ.

I'd add Zam Plante to the next poll. He's a better prospect than a handful of the listed guys, in my opinion.

Zam is interesting. His high school stats are impressive but then his USHL ones aren't. Then again he's still young and small.

Yeah, his ceiling is a lesser version of Guentzel but he's got a long way to go.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Zam is interesting. His high school stats are impressive but then his USHL ones aren't. Then again he's still young and small.

Yeah, his ceiling is a lesser version of Guentzel but he's got a long way to go.
It feels like a lazy comparison because they are both undersized guys from Minnesota, but I agree, he reminds me of Guentzel as well. They are just both really smart players, and they aren't afraid to get into the dirty areas despite their size limitations.

I'm curious to see where he plays next year. I see EP has him going to Minnesota-Duluth, but this article has Plante staying with Fargo for another year. If he stays in Fargo I'll be able to catch a couple games, as I'm already interested in watching Mac Swanson for the 2024 draft.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It feels like a lazy comparison because they are both undersized guys from Minnesota, but I agree, he reminds me of Guentzel as well. They are just both really smart players, and they aren't afraid to get into the dirty areas despite their size limitations.

I'm curious to see where he plays next year. I see EP has him going to Minnesota-Duluth, but this article has Plante staying with Fargo for another year. If he stays in Fargo I'll be able to catch a couple games, as I'm already interested in watching Mac Swanson for the 2024 draft.

I think Plante named Guentzel as the guy who he models his game on when drafted.

Anyway, yeah, good shout to add him.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I’m going to start pushing Murashov for #4. I’m tempted to put him above Blomqvist actually

His >950 sv% was insane for any league. I know it’s only one year, but man that guy just screams Shesterkin to me.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I’m going to start pushing Murashov for #4. I’m tempted to put him above Blomqvist actually

His >950 sv% was insane for any league. I know it’s only one year, but man that guy just screams Shesterkin to me.
You're right. It's tempting. He's about Shesterkin's size (assuming he fills out a little bit in the next few years) and he's Russian, and I think both were drafted in the fourth round, but I think we need a little more evidence from M from at least the K. Shesterkin did three years there between 0.933 and 0.953 before he came to NA.

In the end, goalie success at the NHL level is pretty hard to predict, especially at 19 and four months, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
You're right. It's tempting. He's about Shesterkin's size (assuming he fills out a little bit in the next few years) and he's Russian, and I think both were drafted in the fourth round, but I think we need a little more evidence from M from at least the K. Shesterkin did three years there between 0.933 and 0.953 before he came to NA.

In the end, goalie success at the NHL level is pretty hard to predict, especially at 19 and four months, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
He’s also like the only guy we drafted in years who hasn’t disappointed in their D+1 year aside from Blomqvist and Pickering

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I think some of you guys are going to be disappointed with Pickerings offense. Rarely ever do defenceman who aren’t close to PPG in their D+1 seasons in junior ever become point producers in the NHL. There’s a handful I’m too lazy to look up. I think Dumo type numbers are absolutely best case scenario. He is not a better prospect than Yager in my humble yet 100% accurate opinion.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He’s also like the only guy we drafted in years who hasn’t disappointed in their D+1 year aside from Blomqvist and Pickering

I think some of you guys are going to be disappointed with Pickerings offense. Rarely ever do defenceman who aren’t close to PPG in their D+1 seasons in junior ever become point producers in the NHL. There’s a handful I’m too lazy to look up. I think Dumo type numbers are absolutely best case scenario. He is not a better prospect than Yager in my humble yet 100% accurate opinion.

Hold on there, which is it? Didn't disappoint, or is tracking towards Dumo numbers? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad