Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #12 (2023 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #12 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Vote for who you think is the #12 Penguins prospect.

And post who you think should be added.

#1 - Yager - Votes: 56 - 71.8%
#2 - Pickering - Votes: 49 - 86.0%
#3 - Blomqvist - Votes: 33 - 63.5%
#4 - Puustinen - Votes: 43 - 50.6% *** I asked people to change their vote to avoid a runoff poll
#5 - Poulin - Votes: 31 - 63.3%
#6 - Murashov - Votes: 27 - 62.8%
#7 - Broz - Votes: 33 - 68.8%
#8 - Pieniniemi - Votes: 17 - 37.8%
#9 - Belliveau - Votes: 13 - 37.1%
#10 - Tankov - Votes: 15 - 39.5% *** I asked people to change their vote to avoid a runoff poll
#11 - Gauthier - Votes: 11 - 35.5%

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think I'll be shillin' for some Ilyin too, but gonna take a moment to think about choices. Might be time to take the relatively sure thing of Gruden.

As for adding... uhm... Jack St Ivany?

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I dont really see Gruden as a sure thing, but he’s probably closest of those remaining so I’ll vote for him next I’d say.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I dont really see Gruden as a sure thing, but he’s probably closest of those remaining so I’ll vote for him next I’d say.

Sure thing is probably the wrong way to put it. Honestly, I'd bet that a guy with his numbers, pedigree, and athleticism doesn't stick in the show most times.

By sure I mean we know what he is and it ain't nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more call ups. Most guys on this list won't even be what Gruden is at this point.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I just can’t vote Gruden. Peat is right that most of the names left on here won’t ever make it to his current level but I’d rather roll the dice on guys with one trait that could be above average in the NHL.

Reactions: Giskard

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I just can’t vote Gruden. Peat is right that most of the names left on here won’t ever make it to his current level but I’d rather roll the dice on guys with one trait that could be above average in the NHL.

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. He's gonna have to really level up in terms of smarts or intensity if he wants to be a guy I think.

So went with Ilyin.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My only question (not only but for the purposes of my rankings) about Ilyin is if he actually plays at a KHL level. Because his team/franchise/city does not have a minors-equivalent. For them it's just Juniors and Majors -- you've gotta play in one or the other. I guess this coming season will let me know.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Sure thing is probably the wrong way to put it. Honestly, I'd bet that a guy with his numbers, pedigree, and athleticism doesn't stick in the show most times.

By sure I mean we know what he is and it ain't nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more call ups. Most guys on this list won't even be what Gruden is at this point.
In terms of which of these prospects will see time in the NHL, Gruden should be above most of the current list. It's just not that interesting or uplifting to put the next Kevin Porter, Garrett Wilson or Zach Sill as the cream of your prospect crop.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's between Ilyin and Gruden this time. Gruden has played NHL games, Ilyin hasn't but has played in the KHL.

Gruden's upside is a 4th NHL/AHL tweener. No idea what Iylin's upside is, so I went with him. Won't be sad or shocked if/when Gruden takes this slot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad