Prospect Info: Prospect Rankings #4

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't disagree, i think there is a nice way to make that point and a not so nice one. In this case, I believe bill is simply saying the soft approach may be the way to go.

He's draft eligible next yr! Two yrs younger than Juolevi. I think that make him eligible to have his hockey IQ thrashed at least.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Its pretty much a tie as some mistakes made either way could go either way so we should do a runoff so its fair here :nod:

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
His speed.
His shot.
His strength.
His IQ.
His defensive awareness.
Where he is on his develop curve.
His hitting ability.

Basically I believe everything he flashed in the 20 post tourney games last season will be his consistent level of play... at minimum.

He didn't focus enough on conditioning this summer. He'll figure that out.
He got hurt in his first preseason game which **** up his preseason and start to the season.
He's where he should be right now and I think he'll figure it all out.

Do you actually watch a lot of hockey, or do you have large bias that goes unchanged with time? The kid has done nothing to indicate any of the above, and his hockey IQ and defensive awareness is definitely below par.

Also "where he is on his development curve", what does that mean? The fact that he is 3 years removed from his draft year and still struggles to put up a 0.3 PPG in the AHL? A former 6th overall pick should playing significant minutes and making a contribution in the NHL by this point, not struggle to make any impact in the NHL.

You haven't stated anything to prove to any of us why he is a good prospect. You just are throwing out generic statements like "his skating, his hitting". All stats and signs lead to him being a bust.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Do you actually watch a lot of hockey, or do you have large bias that goes unchanged with time? The kid has done nothing to indicate any of the above, and his hockey IQ and defensive awareness is definitely below par.

Also "where he is on his development curve", what does that mean? The fact that he is 3 years removed from his draft year and still struggles to put up a 0.3 PPG in the AHL? A former 6th overall pick should playing significant minutes and making a contribution in the NHL by this point, not struggle to make any impact in the NHL.

You haven't stated anything to prove to any of us why he is a good prospect. You just are throwing out generic statements like "his skating, his hitting". All stats and signs lead to him being a bust.

I wasn't looking to prove anything to anyone.
I was giving an opinion on my prospect rankings.

In fact.. over the last 12 hrs, Virtanen has now moved into the #2 position on my list of Canuck top prospects.

1. Juolevi
2. Virtanen
3. Demko
4. Brisebois
5. Boeser

KingOfTheES

Nov 29, 2016

In fact.. over the last 12 hrs, Virtanen has now moved into the #2 position on my list of Canuck top prospects.

1. Juolevi
2. Virtanen
3. Demko
4. Brisebois
5. Boeser

Buy, buy, buy!

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
As down as people are on him, it's obviously Virtanen here (He's played 65 NHL games but I guess he still counts, given he's been in the AHL this year).

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

1. Juolevi
2. Virtanen
3. Demko
4. Brisebois
5. Boeser

What exactly did virtanen do to move up to 2 in the past 12 hrs?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

1. Juolevi
2. Virtanen
3. Demko
4. Brisebois
5. Boeser

Please be kidding :shakehead

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yup..
Over the last 6 hrs alone, Virtanen has closed in and is knocking on Juolevi's door for #1.

eh, and it's subject to opinion as well. for example this is how I'd see it:

Boeser
Juolevi

Virtanen, Demko
Subban
Gaudette

Brisebois

Zhukenov
Cassels

the rest

EDIT: **** forgot about Lockwood, and probably others. Don't have time to tidy it up though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad