• Poll closed .

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lindberg wins #11 comfortably.

1. Poulin (53%)
2. POJ (74.4%)
3. Hallander (48.3%)
4. Legare (24.7% in first poll, 43.8% in runoff)
5. Clang (33.3%)
6. Zohorna (30.7%)
7. Broz (28.8%)
8. Blomqvist (29.2%)
9. O'Connor (34.5% in first poll, 65% in runoff)
10. Puustinen (67.4%)
11. Lindberg (72.5%)

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
In the first season of Gilligan's Island, the opening song explained the premise of the show and named the cast members...except the Professor and Mary Ann. The song simply said "...and the rest!" This irked many people because of how big a role the professor ultimately played on the Island. They changed it the following season to include the names.

We are at "and the rest!" point of our prospect pool. The first six names on that list are all about equal. Unless one of them does something soon to make them stand out, they are the rest.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I agree that VP should have been much higher than this board placed him…I was voting for him for the fifth ranked prospect as well…I’m excited to see him this season in WBS….

Pensburgh Top 25 Under 25: #5 Valtteri Puustinen

I also think Bellerive has worked hard and should win this next vote…I’d like the team to reward him with some NHL games this season…think he could be 4C and I like him for that over Boyle

Reactions: Darren McCord

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I think we're deffo a tier down in terms of what people have done and I'm open to persuasion as to who should be next.

That said, I'm leaning to Cam Lee. He's maybe not the most NHL ready prospect there but he's close and maybe he is; he's maybe not the most high ceiling prospect there but I don't think there's many ahead of him. Dmen with his skating and puck moving always have a short of being a useful NHLer, it's just about the rest of the tools being there. Obviously the LD being a logjam goes against him and he's kinda in the wrong place in that, but I think he's the next best guy there. And fun to watch too.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Gruden should really start to get some love here. He's been very overlooked imo. I still like Bjorkqvist, as long as he can remain healthy.

I would also add Almeida to the poll. I get that most people have probably written him off. His transition to the pros was very rough due to shoulder surgery in the off season prior to it. And last year wasn't easy to get playing time, but he start getting rewarded with more at the very end, and looked like it was just starting to click with him. He's probably still a long shot, but I like him a lot better than Bellerive and most of the other players remaining.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I agree that VP should have been much higher than this board placed him…I was voting for him for the fifth ranked prospect as well…I’m excited to see him this season in WBS….

Pensburgh Top 25 Under 25: #5 Valtteri Puustinen

I also think Bellerive has worked hard and should win this next vote…I’d like the team to reward him with some NHL games this season…think he could be 4C and I like him for that over Boyle

I thought you were voting for potential upside? Now you're voting for a potential 4th liner.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I thought you were voting for potential upside? Now you're voting for a potential 4th liner.

there is nobody left on the list with true top six or top four potential lol…maybe Belliveau or Svej but they’re so far away and so much an unknown quantity to me that I have to go with Bellerive

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
there is nobody left on the list with true top six or top four potential lol…maybe Belliveau or Svej but they’re so far away and so much an unknown quantity to me that I have to go with Bellerive

I've got Bellerive maxing out as a 4th liner. But, I have Gruden, Lee, and Reilly maxing out as a middle forward/d-man.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I've got Bellerive maxing out as a 4th liner. But, I have Gruden, Lee, and Reilly maxing out as a middle forward/d-man.

yeah, I think Gruden is fourth line and Lee and Reilly are probably third pair but Lee has a chance…he’d be next on my list…

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not trying to fan the flames of controversy here but Bellerive has been really underwhelming every time I've watched him. Which doesn't count for much since I admit that's only been a handful of times. But Lee seems much higher upside and at this point in the list I feel like that's probably what I'd preference toward.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not trying to fan the flames of controversy here but Bellerive has been really underwhelming every time I've watched him. Which doesn't count for much since I admit that's only been a handful of times. But Lee seems much higher upside and at this point in the list I feel like that's probably what I'd preference toward.

Been enough fanned flames in Bellerive's lifetime already.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
It’s bc he had a hattrick in a meaningless rookie camp game/scrimmage and that is likely the only time a lot of fans have seen him play.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Bellerive's interesting as a speedster bottom-6 energy forward like Archibald. I definitely don't think he has the most upside of anyone here, I'd give that to Lee, but I understand the appeal with Bellerive.

I think Bellerive and Gruden are pretty comparable in terms of upside.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is Felix Robert considered a prospect? I am intrigued by him, but noticed he didn’t crack Pensburgh’s top 25.

He doesn't have an NHL deal with the org so technically not part of it or one of our prospects.

If he was I'd be tempted to vote him into the 20 simply because he was fun to watch and he had shades of good Sheary.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Bellerive's interesting as a speedster bottom-6 energy forward like Archibald. I definitely don't think he has the most upside of anyone here, I'd give that to Lee, but I understand the appeal with Bellerive.

I think Bellerive and Gruden are pretty comparable in terms of upside.

He's no' Archibald fast. Not sure he's even Blueger fast.

Curious to see how he looks last season. I feel like most of the reports are that he's on an upwards trajectory and when you get to it, he's kinda comparable to an NCAA guy age wise now. Time to see if he can put enough together.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm looking forward to watching more WBS this season, that's for sure. Definitely curious to see if Robert gets an NHL contract.

And if Nappier (the OSU goalie) gets an NHL contract he's another goalie who had decent college stats. Not sure why he'd sign with Pittsburgh though.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm looking forward to watching more WBS this season, that's for sure. Definitely curious to see if Robert gets an NHL contract.

And if Nappier (the OSU goalie) gets an NHL contract he's another goalie who had decent college stats. Not sure why he'd sign with Pittsburgh though.

Did Nappier's 3 year AHL deal start last season or this coming one?

Either way, the expiration of that deal feels enough in the future that the current goalie pipeline and what will be feels pretty disconnected. We're full now but it only takes one trade and one promotion for it to all feel a little empty. See how the kid goes next year anyway.

Also gotta say, I like the idea of sticking long term prospects on multi-year AHL deals. Think it would make a bundle of sense with kids like Robert in particular.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Did Nappier's 3 year AHL deal start last season or this coming one?

Either way, the expiration of that deal feels enough in the future that the current goalie pipeline and what will be feels pretty disconnected. We're full now but it only takes one trade and one promotion for it to all feel a little empty. See how the kid goes next year anyway.

Also gotta say, I like the idea of sticking long term prospects on multi-year AHL deals. Think it would make a bundle of sense with kids like Robert in particular.

Nappier's contract started last season according to WILKES-BARRE/SCRANTON SIGNS GOALIE TOMMY NAPPIER

Seems like there'll be a decent rotation in WBS this season.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad