Propose a WWE-AEW trade that would benefit both companies

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Let's assume that you could move talent from one company to the other, and let's also assume that contracts and other factors are not an issue. What trade you like to make between WWE and AEW?

The catch is that the deal would have to make sense for both groups, as well as beneficial for the talent. This can't be like the hockey trade proposals that often are unrealistic wishful ideas where one team swindles another.

My proposal is:

From WWE to AEW
Asuka
Kyle O'Reilly
Dolph Ziggler

From AEW to WWE
Jade Cargill
Lance Archer
MJF

Asuka is the best female wrestler in the world, but there's nothing left for her to do in WWE. She would instantly improve the stature of AEW's women's division, and I'd love to see her have some matches against Thunder Rosa.
I think O'Reilly has been pushed as far as he ever will be in WWE. His style is more suited to AEW, and with his pals already there, it makes sense.
Ziggler has gotten very stale due to being in WWE for so long, and I don't foresee them doing anything important with him in the future. But he is a very good wrestler, and a change of scenery could revitalize his career.

Jade would be a better fit for WWE's women's division than AEW's. There's more women there her size to work with, and she has that fitness model look that Vince seems to like.
Archer is someone who I can't envision main eventing an AEW PPV, but I can see him working a program against Roman or Brock.
MJF is a B+ wrestler and a A+ heel. With the Elite firmly entrenched as AEW's top heels for the foreseeable future, maybe MJF would have a better opportunity in WWE. He could become of the best heels in WWE history, assuming that Vince gives him the freedom to live his gimmick and doesn't kill his heat by having him do autograph signings.

What fantasy trade between the companies would you like to see?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
MJF has been cutting killers promos every week and there's no way WWE would let him do that.

Also, I think AEW should push Archer more but WWE wouldn't know what to do with him.

I think OC will eventually get stale but I think that gimmick would get over huge in WWE. Cargill I can see too. Maybe Brian Cage too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jade tried to go to wwe and they didn’t want her

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
To WWE:
Darby Allin

To AEW:
Kevin Steen/Owens

Allin could be the new ”Jeff Hardy” in WWE, that cool alternative daredevil type. AEW would let Steen do stuff he did in PWG /ROH

Reactions: Habsrule

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Allin too small for Vince, Steen already headed to AEW in like 2-3 months

best case scenario for Allin would be him being booked as the weakest champion in history like Rey

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I think Kevin Owens is better off in WWE. His place on the card is pretty much his peak. Same with Ziggler and he's pretty old now.

Darby is way too small for WWE.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I don't think that being rejected once by WWE means they would never have another chance there. AJ got turned down after his first tryout match there. Drew was released after his first run. But they were able to hit the top of the card years later.

I honestly don't think most fans remember when Lance Archer was Vance.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
To WWE:
Cody Rhodes
Ricky Starks

To AEW:
Keith Lee
Chad Gable
Toni Storm

Cody Rhodes is one of the most WWE wrestlers in the world, in so many ways, and while he has brought something that AEW could use he's a lot less valuable with the new additions. If WWE presented him as a big deal he could be really good there. Ricky Starks is talented and has gotten a nice push in AEW but I think he's a better fit, especially in ring, with WWE. Keith Lee is very talented but it seems very unlikely that he will realize that talent in WWE at this point. He could have some entertaining matches with some of the AEW guys and a fresh start would be good. Chad Gable would probably be presented much better in AEW and is another legitimate talent. I threw in Storm because AEW could still use some depth on the women side and at this point Rhodes is by far the biggest name in this deal. To make it more fair, WWE has to accept Brandi back too.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bianca Belair says hi.

upload_2021-10-11_16-37-12.jpeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To WWE:
Cody Rhodes
Ricky Starks

To AEW:
Keith Lee
Chad Gable
Toni Storm

Cody Rhodes is one of the most WWE wrestlers in the world, in so many ways, and while he has brought something that AEW could use he's a lot less valuable with the new additions. If WWE presented him as a big deal he could be really good there. Ricky Starks is talented and has gotten a nice push in AEW but I think he's a better fit, especially in ring, with WWE. Keith Lee is very talented but it seems very unlikely that he will realize that talent in WWE at this point. He could have some entertaining matches with some of the AEW guys and a fresh start would be good. Chad Gable would probably be presented much better in AEW and is another legitimate talent. I threw in Storm because AEW could still use some depth on the women side and at this point Rhodes is by far the biggest name in this deal. To make it more fair, WWE has to accept Brandi back too.
I think conceptually you’re on the beat with Cody being a bigger name than he was, but I think it’s a bridge too far for both at this point. Turner has been making Cody sort of a player themselves and I don’t see that playing out with WWE. Starks they would definitely squash, he’d be on 205 Live.

Quite frankly I think almost anyone who comes from AEW, Vince would squash like a bug and say ‘well he/she just couldn’t get over here.’ I’ve actually racked my brain on this and can’t think of a single person right now who would benefit going to WWE from AEW, unless you’re talking about people on Elevation or something. Like, Joey Janela might work because he could do the R-Truth cartoon character bit, especially with how they want to do NXT. Ultimately, the best choice would be someone who is unhappy in AEW that holds enough appeal that Vince would actually want to get over just to stick it to them.

But right now WWE also only wants to bring in people who are like 27 or younger and want to teach them how to wrestle.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think conceptually you’re on the beat with Cody being a bigger name than he was, but I think it’s a bridge too far for both at this point. Turner has been making Cody sort of a player themselves and I don’t see that playing out with WWE. Starks they would definitely squash, he’d be on 205 Live.

Quite frankly I think almost anyone who comes from AEW, Vince would squash like a bug and say ‘well he/she just couldn’t get over here.’ I’ve actually racked my brain on this and can’t think of a single person right now who would benefit going to WWE from AEW, unless you’re talking about people on Elevation or something. Like, Joey Janela might work because he could do the R-Truth cartoon character bit, especially with how they want to do NXT. Ultimately, the best choice would be someone who is unhappy in AEW that holds enough appeal that Vince would actually want to get over just to stick it to them.

But right now WWE also only wants to bring in people who are like 27 or younger and want to teach them how to wrestle.

I don't think that AEW people would realistically benefit from the switch, but I went somewhere where it could possibly work in terms of fit. For the premise of the thread to work you have to at least consider that WWE will give people a reasonable chance. WWE very likely wouldn't use Starks properly, but he is a WWE type guy with upside. Rhodes is more of a WWE guy than almost anyone actually in WWE and he has really only increased that over time. I do think that he could theoretically work again in WWE if he came in and presented himself to Vince the right way... but it's a significant if. The Cody Rhodes Industries gimmick that he pitched and filmed the vignette for could easily have worked in WWE and he might be able to get something like that on screen now.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
To WWE:

Nyla Rose - WWE likes to have a handful of the big heel women and Rose and Abadon could come in together and wreck the smaller women, and replace Tamina
Abadon -
Will Hobbs - Hobbs has a great look, and while green, could be a good addition to the Hurt business

To AEW:

AJ Styles - AEW has plenty of great workers for Styles to have show stealing matches with
Asuka - Seems to need a change of scenery, would give the AEW womens division a top level talent
The Viking Raiders - Like Asuka, a change of scenery would help, and they could go to AEW and be one of the more imposing and physical tag teams

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It's pretty much just the big bodies with not much charisma to WWE. While all the guys that are really good in the ring or that are best when having some mic freedom that would do better in AEW.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
To WWE:
Brian Cage
Jade Carigll
Lance Archer

To AEW:
Kevin Owens
Asuka
Cesaro

I think is by far the most realistic proposal in the thread so far. The suggestions of MJF, Cody or Darby being traded are crazy not even considering the poor returns.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think that being rejected once by WWE means they would never have another chance there. AJ got turned down after his first tryout match there. Drew was released after his first run. But they were able to hit the top of the card years later.

I honestly don't think most fans remember when Lance Archer was Vance.

THE GATECRASHERS WERE LEGENDARY HOW DARE YOU?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad