Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Can’t leave your feet like that in Europe.

Or in the NHL. That indicates more of the intent, as opposed to saying the high contact was inadvertent. That hit would be a suspension in the NHL, but if his feet stayed on the ice, it would probably just be a 2 minute penalty.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Or in the NHL. That indicates more of the intent, as opposed to saying the high contact was inadvertent. That hit would be a suspension in the NHL, but if his feet stayed on the ice, it would probably just be a 2 minute penalty.
That is a suspension in the NHL depending on his luck when it comes to the Wheel Of Justice.

Also, who did he hit and if the player was hurt or not would come into play there.

Reactions: joshjull and jmelm

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Prosha

HMAbLkpwX2w.jpg

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

Maybe you can help here, but I'm really surprised that the players names on the jerseys are using Roman spellings rather than Cyrillic. I'm sure the reason why has to do with business/money, but I'm not understanding it.

Any concrete ideas to explain it? Sorry if you've explained it elsewhere.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe you can help here, but I'm really surprised that the players names on the jerseys are using Roman spellings rather than Cyrillic. I'm sure the reason why has to do with business/money, but I'm not understanding it.

Could it be the folks doing the jersey lettering?

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Could it be the folks doing the jersey lettering?
I doubt it would be so hard to retool upon request. I think some of the video of Poltapov I saw last year had Cyrillic, but that was a different league, IIRC.

I'd think it's more likely fans outside Russia buying the jerseys, but that's not likely to be a huge market either. I'm puzzled.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

I doubt it would be so hard to retool upon request. I think some of the video of Poltapov I saw last year had Cyrillic, but that was a different league, IIRC.

I'd think it's more likely fans outside Russia buying the jerseys, but that's not likely to be a huge market either. I'm puzzled.
Kunlan Red Star is based in China, so this is technically an international game which triggers the use of Latin lettering.

Reactions: Diaspora

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Bump....Anything new on this guy. Russians are always difficult to follow. Stats don't always tell the story like Podkozlin with 2 goals in 35 games in the KHL when drafted as an example.

When is he predicted to come to NA?

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bump....Anything new on this guy. Russians are always difficult to follow. Stats don't always tell the story like Podkolzin with 2 goals in 35 games in the KHL when drafted as an example.

When is he predicted to come to NA?

His contract in Russia runs through the end of '24-25 so unless he buys his way out of it, he's going to be far.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Like I said a long time ago…just forget about this guy until 2025. We’ll see what’s what then.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad