Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Is it reasonable to see him in Rochester 22/23? Whats his contract sitch in Russia?

He looks like he is mostly grown, maybe another inch and another 5 to 10 pounds. Physically he looks ready to play in the AHL.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is it reasonable to see him in Rochester 22/23? Whats his contract sitch in Russia?

He looks like he is mostly grown, maybe another inch and another 5 to 10 pounds. Physically he looks ready to play in the AHL.
I'm not sure if he wants to play in the AHL, especially if he plays in the top 9 in CSKA in the next couple of years. Perhaps it will depend on the situation, if he shows very good results in the MHL, which he will probably outgrow in the near future, but in CSKA he will not be given a chance, then he may think about moving to North America and play in the AHL. Physically, he is really looks good.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

A transition year too early can get in the way of development. If he can play in the KHL I say give him time until he hits at least 0.6 ppg

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Cool. Not that it's a huge thing, but there are no forward prospects that project to add to Rochester next season.

If we could get Morozov from Vegas, Glotov/Morozov/Poltapov would be a nice line. The OV line.

p0nchik

Jul 24, 2021
I'm trying to pronounce his name. I just can't roll that R properly.

Off-topic, but after a certain age, it becomes harder for adults to roll their r's if they didn't learn it as a child. I've studied Spanish/Russian/Ukrainian totaling 12 years and have made very little progress, but enough to pass.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad