SinBin: Projecting the 23 Man Roster

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
How is Theodore not on most of your lineups ? isn't he the number one defenseman ?
He's waiver exempt and we've got too many D.

Makes a lot of sense to send him to Chicago until they trade guys or there's injuries.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is it just me or is that a concerningly slow looking defence?

Engelland has a rep for being slow because he fights but his skating is actually average. Matter of fact most of the defense skate somewhat average but there's no speedsters that's for sure.

I'm a bit less concerned about their mobility after this preseason than I was after the expansion draft.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What I've seen over the last two games is exactly what I expected after the expansion draft.

It's going to be fun and baruutal.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
See what I mean. Carrier has been excellent in a 4th line role. He's 22 and trending up. Waiving him for a waiver-exempt player like Tuch is bad asset management.
tbh we actually want him for our 1st line so how about a 2nd rounder for him ;)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Preseason scoring leader: Hyka with 4 goals, 5 points. But that doesn't mean much in itself, as Wong had 3 goals, 4 points and was sent down.

The three NHL regulars I expect to continue their preseason good play into Game 1 of the season:

Eakin (had 4 points)
Miller (good d)
Fleury (clutch)

NY2LV

Apr 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The line up i'd roll out for opening night would be:

Marchessault - Shipachyov - Smith
Perron - Eakin - Haula
Leipsic - Karlsson - Tuch
Carrier - Lindeberg - Hyka

McNabb - Schmidt
Garrison - Miller
Theodore - Engelland
(Sbisa)

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I was hoping Pulkkinen would get his chance, but no. He is a surefire 15 goal guy given top-9 minutes and PP time and he is not a defensive liability. Not being a grinder is Pulkkinen's biggest drawback.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Nosek not going to make the team? Thought he was highly touted.

Well, he did have a great performance in the Calder Cup playoffs, but he's mostly playing in a bottom-6 role (often on the 4th line), and he's just been kinda meh. At the beginning of camp, I would have thought that he'd get claimed if we tried to waive him, but now there might be a chance he'd sneak through.

So is Pulkkinen out/AHL? If so, how has he played to not be in?

Pulkkinen is about as one-dimensional as you can get: he's got a GREAT shot, but not much else. I don't think he'll mesh well with Gallant, in that case. Plus, of the four waiver-eligible forwards on the roster bubble, he's the only one that has previous been waiver-eligible and most of the league already knows what they'd get by claiming him. I imagine he goes unclaimed.

Will hunt be first call up?

I can see Hunt making the team - GMGM gave him a 2-year 1-way deal on July 1. The thought may have been that he was AHL depth, but he's been so great this preseason, and I'm wondering if perhaps McPhee saw something in him that the rest of us didn't.

As weird as it may sound, I think Theodore is the first call-up, since his waiver status would allow us to send him back and forth from Vegas to Chicago this season with no fear of losing him (just like the Ducks did last year with San Diego).

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Reinhart has been invisible. Very real chance he is sent down to start the season.

I guess we will find out tomorrow as the rosters are due.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Reinhart has been invisible. Very real chance he is sent down to start the season.

I guess we will find out tomorrow as the rosters are due.

If Neal is on IR and all waiver exempt players are sent down we only need to waive one more guy and I could imagine it would be Stoner, simply because of age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad