Professional Wrestling Mount Rushmore.

Who are the Mount Rushmore of professional wrestling? (Choose 4)

• Total voters

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I wonder how many people voting for Hogan actually watched him wrestle. He was boring as **** in ring and if you didn't enjoy his mic work (which I did not) he made it almost impossible to be a wrestling fan once WWE pushed everyone else off the air and left Hogan as the only game in town.

I never really saw Andre in his prime so I don't know how to rank him. I never saw Bruno in his prime either but selling out MSG night after night after nigh for 20 years says he belongs there.

Went with Rock & Austin for their work in bringing wrestling to it's modern peak. Final was Jericho, not sure he really belongs but the man has been very good for a very long time and no one has ever been able to re-invent themselves at the drop of a hat the way he can, no one can even come close.
If my list was based on wrestling ability then Hogan wouldn't be on it but neither would Austin, The Undertaker or The Rock. I based it on how big of a star they were and Hogan was the biggest star wrestling ever had. He transcended the sport and greatly increased its mainstream popularity. His heel turn is one of the biggest moments in the history of wrestling and kickstarted an era of wrestling that reached new heights(or lows depending how look at it). I'm not really a fan of his work or of him as a person but he was an absolute star.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
My own personal favourites from before I stopped watching:

Bret Hart and Jake the Snake

Mike Awesome and Vader

And in the 90s in the highschool hallway it was The Rock I was imitating, not Stone Cold.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I get some don't like Hogan, but his impact on the business is undeniable.

Yea, Vince pushed the hell out of him but he had the looks & personality to make it work.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Gorgeous George, Lou Thesz, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin

As a kid in the 80s the name Gorgeous George popped up a lot whenever people would talk about wrestling so he must have made a huge mark in the business despite his limited time in the 50s. I do think to a certain extent Gorgeous George was the one of the first to bring a more theatrical presentation to Wrestling.

I wasn't a Hogan fan to be honest but it's hard to deny his mark on the industry.

Thesz would be there for being the wrestler's wrestler, sort of the Ying to George's Yang.

Austin sort of defines the next Generation of wrestling(It was between him Buddy Rogers, Andre the Giant or Ric Flair)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextBigThing

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Personal picks

HBK Flair Undertaker Piper

The Business

Flair Hogan Austin Andre

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
CHAT GPT did a Mount Rushmore for WWE entrances and had Taker, Austin, Rock and HHH.

Taker and Austin belong there. But I'd put the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan there as well. Like Austin, Warriors character is very defined by his entrance, much the same way Austin was.

Very few entrances in pro wrestling got people on their feet the way "Real American" did. Sorry HHH.

HM: D-Generation X and Goldberg.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
CHAT GPT did a Mount Rushmore for WWE entrances and had Taker, Austin, Rock and HHH.

Taker and Austin belong there. But I'd put the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan there as well. Like Austin, Warriors character is very defined by his entrance, much the same way Austin was.

Very few entrances in pro wrestling got people on their feet the way "Real American" did. Sorry HHH.

HM: D-Generation X and Goldberg.

The Big Show has gotta to be the worse for an a carder. You have a 7’ giant who’s a pretty good performer for his size and you give him quite possibly the worst theme song ever.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Big Show has gotta to be the worse for an a carder. You have a 7’ giant who’s a pretty good performer for his size and you give him quite possibly the worst theme song ever.

Totally agree. I always felt his theme and his name set his chances of true main event status back. He should of been an absolute killer, and his theme made him come across as anything but.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad