Professional Women's Hockey League (PWHL) News

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
The post is also a bit misleading as it could be interpreted as the game being the overall US attendance record for women's hockey which it is not (Rivalry Series game in Seattle last season had 14,551 spectators). The recap on website does precise it is the record for professional women's hockey.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The post is also a bit misleading as it could be interpreted as the game being the overall US attendance record for women's hockey which it is not (Rivalry Series game in Seattle last season had 14,551 spectators). The recap on website does precise it is the record for professional women's hockey.
You are failing to recognize & appreciate the overarching PWHL narrative: No women's ice hockey existed before the Professional Women's Hockey League.

But if you choose to compare attendance figures for the collective of "women's hockey" in the United States (pro & amateur), there has been an NCAA Division I women's game that exceeded the headcount of the U.S.-Canada Rivalry Series matchup in Seattle: Jan. 14, 2017, St. Cloud State University Huskies @ University of Wisconsin Badgers, Att. = 15,359.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
You are failing to recognize & appreciate the overarching PWHL narrative: No women's ice hockey existed before the Professional Women's Hockey League.

But if you choose to compare attendance figures for the collective of "women's hockey" in the United States (pro & amateur), there has been an NCAA Division I women's game that exceeded the headcount of the U.S.-Canada Rivalry Series matchup in Seattle: Jan. 14, 2017, St. Cloud State University Huskies @ University of Wisconsin Badgers, Att. = 15,359.
Thanks. It's actually hard to find a comprehensive list of WoHo attendances.

I know the League's narrative is all about pretending nothing happened before. Although commentators have been mentioning previous achievements a bit more as the season progresses, even if it is in small doses.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I know the League's narrative is all about pretending nothing happened before. Although commentators have been mentioning previous achievements a bit more as the season progresses, even if it is in small doses.
With your permission, I'll be forwarding those observations to the PWHL Advisory Board members for their consideration & recommendations for punishment of the media members involved. :sarcasm:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Just got home from the game in Pittsburgh. Had a lot of fun. As I suspected, only the lower bowl was opened. During the anthems it looked to be fully sold out but they announced the attendance as 8850 which I don't think is a sellout for the lower bowl. ...
So could you say you're feeling the complex mixture of emotions involving being Over Taken and Under Whelmed? :confused:

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
What’s going on with Kendall Coyne?
She's a 31 year-old hockey player who started skating & competing over 20 years ago, leading to LOTS of international play and an NHL All-Star Weekend appearance (maybe 2?) and time spent traveling more recently with the PWPHA players on exhibition tours and now skating on a regular pro game schedule with PWHL Minnesota. Outside of hockey, she's a wife & mother of a 9 month-old son. I'm just thinkin' her life has slowed her down to the point of considering options of a pace less hectic. But that's certainly up to her.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad