Post-Game Talk: Primeau loses his shutout with a minute left.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe me paying more attention to his game is magnifying his mistakes, I'll give you that. I really do want him to do well though because I know there'll be a lot of competition for playing time next year
I'm not saying he didn't make them but both he and David Savard were responsible for turnovers in their own end.
Not once was a forward able to make a play to relieve the pressure when they had plenty of opportunities to do just that.

Reactions: FLHabs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn watching Canadiens Express I just noticed two things I didn't realize.

As I watched Slaf picked up the puck for Suzuki.
I got the sense that he knew exactly what was on the line with that cross crease pass. :D

Second Suzuki's pass to Struble was a no look thing of beauty for that second goal.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lots of positives, just wish Xheraj didn't pick up 3 penalties.

I thought Armia would hopefully turn it around next season so we could get something of value for him. But with his play he could be part of a summer move.

Along with our own 1st pick would love to get another in the top 10-12. Adding hopefully a couple top forward prospects would be terrific. Or, our own 1st and a D+1 /+2 forward with top 6 potential

Reactions: Rapala and habbubba

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I think that these Caufield concerns are way overblown and that the 1st line for the most part looks just fine to me. If we can win the lottery an upgrade on Cole for the 1st that's great, but I think it's the 2nd line they're looking to fix.

Cole will look much better next season, and will be back to his old goal scoring self.

You can quote me on it.
100% agree, he needs to put in the offseason work on his shot mechanics that he didn't get time for last offseason.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
100% agree, he needs to put in the offseason work on his shot mechanics that he didn't get time for last offseason.
He's going to need to.
Watching Suzuki bury his 30th taking a cross crease pass off his skates.
I couldn't help but think back to the complaints that the passes to Caufield were slightly off which was why he was missing so often.
The sniper is always going to have be the one who has to adjust.
He's also going to have to be the one to help create a lane.
Hopefully he can find the form he had the previous couple of seasons in that regard.

Reactions: Tyson and Guess

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
The ol' carey price shutout. 58+ minutes without allowing a goal, then allow a goal when the other team had no chance of coming back to spoil your shutout.

I use to feel so bad for carey when he would do it.
I felt that on an emotional level because I also had the shivers when close to a shutout. The last 5 minutes was the worst for me *cries on the bench*

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yg4Oj3J.jpeg

JQJwMwl.gif

ySc7PGT.jpeg

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Slaf 9 game pont streak
I think we should have a seperate thread on Slaf, call " Mainboard Meltdown "
LOL...............

Never ever has there been so many people wrong........I know our board had a few also, but man the main board was so full of BS when it comes to this player.

The kid is really proving people wrong, and MSL, and HuGo right!

Did Suzuki get two?
Yes, 1G 1A
He had a good night.....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think we should have a seperate thread on Slaf, call " Mainboard Meltdown "
LOL...............

Never ever has there been so many people wrong........I know our board had a few also, but man the main board was so full of BS when it comes to this player.

The kid is really proving people wrong, and MSL, and HuGo right!
There are several more levels of improvement to be made by Slaf and his determination will get him there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Cayden Primeau with first star of game. Looks like we may have 2 starting goalies. Going to be interesting in few years when Fowler is ready.

Primeau likely a good money goalie. I remember he was outstanding winning the Beanpot one year. Also had great WJC. Could be good when we get in playoffs
Don't write off Jakub Dobes too quickly.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Lots of positives came out of this one ;
Suzuki hit 69 and 30g
Slaf 9th game with a point in a row
Primeau stellar

But the highlight for me is at the end of the 2nd period. Konecky hits Slaf when the puck is nowhere near. Refs, obviously, doesn't call a penality so Guhle poke Konecny from the bench and all hell breaks loose between the two teams at the horn. Flyers tries to intimadate the Habs but Xhakej, Suzuki, Guhle, Struble, Savard, Pezzeta, EVERYONE stands their ground on the red line and straight up says : come and get it bitches

LOVED IT.
They are showing some fight in the mental warfare and weren't scared of nobody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad