Price "officially" a Hab

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
What are you guys going to to with Danis?

Is he still any good?

Shatmat*

What are you guys going to to with Danis?

Is he still any good?

Danis'll be #4 next year behind Huet, Halak and Price. The guy is still a decent goaltender. He's just a victim of the Habs depth. In most teams he would contend for the backup position IMO. Plus, he's cheap.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Danis'll be #4 next year behind Huet, Halak and Price. The guy is still a decent goaltender. He's just a victim of the Habs depth. In most teams he would contend for the backup position IMO. Plus, he's cheap.

I'm not so sure he'll be re-signed. So long as we don't have to share our AHL team with another NHL team, he could be re-signed to share time with Price in Hamilton.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Danis should be a UFA. If I were him, I'd want to walk. He filled in in the NHL for a few games last season, and looked very promising, but he's since fallen so far down the habs depth chart (he might even be as far down as 5th now, behind Huet, Halak, Price and Leighton) he's clearly got no future beyond AHL goalie, and maybe the occasional call up due to injury.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to keep him, but I think it would be better for him if he could latch on to a team somewhere that has little in the way of goaltending prospects. I'm not overly familliar with them, but maybe Chicago could use a guy like him?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Danis should be a Group VI free agent - he played 2 AHL games in 2003-04, that counts as his 1st pro season. 2004-05 didn't count towards Group VI free agency, but 2005-06 and 2006-07 do. That's 3 years of pro experience; he's 25 as of June 21 and he only has 5 NHL games where he's played 30 or more minutes.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Danis should be a UFA. If I were him, I'd want to walk. He filled in in the NHL for a few games last season, and looked very promising, but he's since fallen so far down the habs depth chart (he might even be as far down as 5th now, behind Huet, Halak, Price and Leighton) he's clearly got no future beyond AHL goalie, and maybe the occasional call up due to injury.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to keep him, but I think it would be better for him if he could latch on to a team somewhere that has little in the way of goaltending prospects. I'm not overly familliar with them, but maybe Chicago could use a guy like him?

if his play doesnt pick up, he may even find himself behind Cedric Desjardins who approaching him closely with his talent. IMO if we keep Leighton instead of Danis, i will be disappointed. id rather have him in the system instead of Leighton

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Danis should be a Group VI free agent - he played 2 AHL games in 2003-04, that counts as his 1st pro season. 2004-05 didn't count towards Group VI free agency, but 2005-06 and 2006-07 do. That's 3 years of pro experience; he's 25 as of June 21 and he only has 5 NHL games where he's played 30 or more minutes.

Yep, he's an UFA, and IMO he would be crazy to resign with the Habs, unless he gets absolutely no interest from other teams. He really has no future with the Habs given the emergence of Halak and Price in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad