Injury Report: Price: Day to Day Upper Body

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Actually, I'm guessing this upper body injury was designed to do just that. Price was legitimately banged up, and management is using it as the perfect excuse to play safe and give him a rest.
I really hope this is the case...minor minor injury (upper body??), but just enough for Price to skip the ALL-STAR game and go home and get some well deserved rest. After all...we want to get as many pts before playoffs, but I'd prefer being slightly lower in standings IF it means being healthier/fresher/more ready for the real season...the playoffs. I actually don't want them to find a way to call Pacioretty last second for the all-star game...I want all of our Habs to skip the ALL-STAR game...it's has become a joke now for several yrs, imo, waste of rest time...

Amd, obviously if we can get as many pts in standings AND stay fresh/ready/healthy for playoffs, then great, but...health and playoffs are no.1 in my book!!

Feel like we maybe should have given Condon a shot instead of McDonald. Condon's been doing very well in the AHL.

Exactly what I was thinking...but giving Condon ALL the no.1 minutes in Hamilton is better for Condon). McDonald will mostly/entirely warm the bench for Tokarski (while Condon gets EVERY game or should unless Lefebvre screws taht up by giving it to Hamilton's no.3 goalie?!!). But...if Tokarski gets pulled I'd rather see what Condon could do (didn't Bergevin recently say that Condon is almost NHL ready...that's a pretty good stamp of approval).

Stupid Habs. Always pushing players in their goalie. One reason why i was so happy that Gorges was traded.

Kreider, Emelin (ZERO hockey sense/I.Q.) slashing Kreider instead of catching up to him or hooking/lifting his stick, Pacioretty and other Hab players always pushing/shoving players on top of Price...something's gotta give!!:sarcasm: (I'm sure most of us will forgive Pacioretty this time, but it shouldn't happen...period).

Seriously...we have to do a better job at protecting Price.
He's our king/queen bee...needs full protection at all time.

Last edited:

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Feel like we maybe should have given Condon a shot instead of McDonald. Condon's been doing very well in the AHL.

McDonald won't see any time though. He's only a precaution in case Tokarski gets hurt. If Price was hurt long time then I would agree as there would be some starts for both goalies but this is just a "Pine Duty" call up.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Im sure Price gladly accept his faith. And this little break.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Only two games till the break. Toker for both of those and let Price rest up till after the break.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Time to juggle the lines. Put Allen in front of the net for PPs!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Actually, I'm guessing this upper body injury was designed to do just that. Price was legitimately banged up, and management is using it as the perfect excuse to play safe and give him a rest.

I'm so hoping none of our players go.

Sekac, block a shot and feel some pain.

All-star game + events is horrible now. I used to like it at some point in my life... but it's been terrible for years.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I like Tokarski (more than Budaj), but it's obvious he's waaaay behind Price, mainly because of rebound control and his play behind the net. He may get similar numbers (save percentage), but yeah, he's not there yet.

Even though he had a good run against the Rangers, I still wish we could re-play this series with Price in net.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Max is goin to have to score twice as much now to make up for his brain cramp

Heal up soon Price, we are the Leafs without you

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You are aware that the rookies dont actually play in the game, they're just there for the skills competition.

Step down from your high horse for a second...

#1 There used to be a rookie game. I have no clue if there is still one. Nor does it matter in my argument.

#2 Players go back to family in their home country and get to relax and not worry about anything whereas with these events they need to participate in stuff, do interviews, etc. It's still work. I'd rather Sekac enjoy one week off without having to worry about anything.

#3 The actual game is not demanding at all. No one actually plays hard. It's really rare that anyone gets injured there. It's not why players decline to go and why teams would rather see their players take the week off.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Could be worse... Like rinne in Nashville.

Or you know... Like the last two playoffs where price was not available to finish the series.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
All-star game + events is horrible now. I used to like it at some point in my life... but it's been terrible for years.

I'm assuming it was the point in your life before puberty was finished, cause that's when I used to like it.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Could be worse... Like rinne in Nashville.

Or you know... Like the last two playoffs where price was not available to finish the series.

Interesting fact: Price has finished the season with a injury for the past 3 seasons.

2011-12- He had a concussion and missed the final few games.
2012-13- He was injured in the playoffs.
2013-14- Injured in the playoffs.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm assuming it was the point in your life before puberty was finished, cause that's when I used to like it.

Yep.

Is it really an age thing ?

Maybe it is.

But when Lemieux, Gretzky, Yzerman, Selanne, Bourque, etc* were part of it... I felt like there were insane star power there. You could really see some great things in the skill comp and actual game.

Nowadays I'm looking at the players who are there and nothing compares... is it age or sentimentality ?

EDIT : *etc includes Sakic, Fedorov, Mogilny, Bure, Roy, Brodeur, Hasek and more ! Many of which would be twice the choice of the all star week end as the guys who are there this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad