Injury Report: Price/Carr/Flynn/Petry/DD/ Gilbert done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Doubt it. He was terrible this year and likely won't get another contract offer from any team. This trade deadline was his only chance to play in the NHL/playoffs again.

Two reasons I said that...

1. What was the injury he had that he was returning from?
2. His return coincided with Petry going down, if I'm not mistaken.

You can play with a torn ligament in your knee, Gonchar did it in the playoffs. It's how much pain can you take. And Gilbert was playing for next year's contract.

But it is pure speculation on my part.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

You can play with a torn ligament in your knee, Gonchar did it in the playoffs. It's how much pain can you take. And Gilbert was playing for next year's contract.

Not unreasonable, imo.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I heard that this was a pre-existing injury for Gilbert. I can't remember the source and can't verify anything, but if it's true it means he could not have been traded anyway.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
I heard that this was a pre-existing injury for Gilbert. I can't remember the source and can't verify anything, but if it's true it means he could not have been traded anyway.
Maybe we'll find out Monday, if someone brings up Gilbert to Bergevin.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Medical update: Jeff Petry - will require surgery for sports hernia (abdomen) – out for the remainder of the regular season.

According to Habs twitter.

RIP.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
jeez...not that there has been any hope for this season for quite a while now, but, we really have had no luck this year

please sell, Bergy

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
The Petry news should officially make the Habs sellers although they probably were already. (other then buying for next season and beyond)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Petry news should officially make the Habs sellers although they probably were already. (other then buying for next season and beyond)

I'm just waiting on the Beaulieu annoncement now.
His knee seemed to go ways it isn't supposed to...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Scary though....Habs will become buyers BECAUSE of that injury and we will get another patchwork for a pick and so on.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully this means Pateryn can finally get some consistent ice time, which is a good thing (unless Bergy decides to trade him for Jarred Boll or whoever else is similar to John Scott)

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Scary though....Habs will become buyers BECAUSE of that injury and we will get another patchwork for a pick and so on.

No.

Ellis and Dietz are both right handed shot to finish the year. Both required waivers next year, best time to try them.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Pateryn
Bartley/Barberio-Ellis/Dietz

If Beaulieu can play again. It's better. Petry and Gilbert out means Pateryn plays each game and we will finally see if he's ready to play every game next year.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
I'm just waiting on the Beaulieu annoncement now.
His knee seemed to go ways it isn't supposed to...
That would be the worst news.

All these knee injuries are bad news.

This is from someone who tore up his knee many years ago and is still walking in pain.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The Habs won't be buyers and it's pretty clear. If you think Bergy is buying then I don't know what to say.

That's what I hope. But we win against the Leafs and we are...3 points out of 8th. You don't think Bergevin will concentrate on that?

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
That's what I hope. But we win against the Leafs and we are...3 points out of 8th. You don't think Bergevin will concentrate on that?

Never know. However, with all the injuries and the tough schedule coming up, I doubt that he will be a buyer. Bergevin might stay pat or make a minor deal.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Never know. However, with all the injuries and the tough schedule coming up, I doubt that he will be a buyer. Bergevin might stay pat or make a minor deal.

Staying pat is just as bad as buying something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad