GDT: Pretend It's the First Game of the Season | Montreal @ Pittsburgh | 7:00

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
When you can't score goals to save your life, you should always pass more.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
he read the pass wrong cause flash came in late. he knew a guy was at the back pipe (and prolly wouldn't be covered) so he cheated a bit on the feed, which took him off the pipe. in a vacuum it was a horrible goal, but in context it was a guy caught cheating. no worse than price being off his angle on bb's goal.

Fleury gets caught cheating a lot.

edit: just stop making excuses for him. He was great last year. He's been good this year. But just ****ing say, "hey, we need you to make that save.' I'm not saying he sucks. I'm not saying he's why the team is 0-3. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't have been covered. But some people are just TOTALLY unwilling to assign any blame to Fleury, ever. There's always something that excuses every goal. Things that EVERY OTHER GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE HAS TO DEAL WITH.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Has this drop pass nonsense been encouraged by Johnston? I know Malkin and Crosby over-pass, but this is getting ridiculous.

I know Johnston likes the D to be activated on the rush, but when a player is 5 feet from the net the default play is to pass it back?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kunitz is playing like I'd expect him to if he were 48 years old.

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
Unreal. Get traffic in front of the net, you are playing against the best goalie in the game.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Fleury gets caught cheating a lot.

edit: just stop making excuses for him. He was great last year. He's been good this year. But just ****ing say, "hey, we need you to make that save.' I'm not saying he sucks. I'm not saying he's why the team is 0-3. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't have been covered. But some people are just TOTALLY unwilling to assign any blame to Fleury, ever. There's always something that excuses every goal. Things that EVERY OTHER GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE HAS TO DEAL WITH.

im just trying to give you a little perspective on what goes through a goalie's head on a given play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad