GDT: (Preseason) Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames [19:30 MT - SN & SN1]

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Peters is not going to like all these penalties the Flames are taking. Last year the Canes had the lowest number of PIM in the league.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I really think Kylington has been good this preseason. Almost as good as Ras and Vali.

This will be a long 3rd period for the team with the jet lag and back to back + travel

Gotta be contributing to the penalties

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I haven’t watched a lot of the preseason but watching prout tonight I don’t think he makes the team but he would be the kind of guy you would want as the 7th dman in the playoffs or could play against the “tougher” teams in the West. He plays tough and blocks shots and our D core certainly doesn’t scream tough right now. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a 2 way deal for a year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Eh, refs in pre-season mode too. And for the vets, chalk it up to fatigue. Flames have slowed down a lot as the game has gone on.

Rittich has been terrific.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kylington with an excellent game too

I really like his wheels and his confidence, but I think he clearly isn't NHL ready. He either needs to get strong enough to not get so easily outmuscled, or else perfect his positioning and reads so it isn't an issue. Right now, I think he's a bit of a liability in terms of both upper body strength and in terms of sloppy defensive reads (he allowed a simple outlet pass down the boards to lead to a partial breakaway in this game, for example, then caught up to the guy but got easily brushed off).

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good game. Ran out of gas in the 3rd. PK looked strong, and PP was dangerous.
Czarnik and Tkachuk also stood out. D-men looked solid(Andersson, Kylington, Valimaki and Prout especially), as well as both goaltenders.
Lots to like.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Kylington definitely needs to get stronger but I think he could handle sheltered minutes if he had too (i.e. injury recall). His skating can get him and the team out of trouble in certain situations that Andersson or Stone can't. But yeah, he's almost certainly starting the year in Stockton. And that's okay since he still has another two years left on the entry level contract.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I really like his wheels and his confidence, but I think he clearly isn't NHL ready. He either needs to get strong enough to not get so easily outmuscled, or else perfect his positioning and reads so it isn't an issue. Right now, I think he's a bit of a liability in terms of both upper body strength and in terms of sloppy defensive reads (he allowed a simple outlet pass down the boards to lead to a partial breakaway in this game, for example, then caught up to the guy but got easily brushed off).

That sure sounds like why he did not become a top 10 first round pick in 2015 and it appears that he is still having those problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad