GDT: Preseason Game #8 - The Final Countdown - Seattle @ Edm 7PM MST - Streaming on Oilers +

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Another great game from Campbell. Hopefully he gets game 1. Great sign that both goalies are going.

Lavoie pretty quiet tonight but I think he still gets the 12F.

I know some people are disappointed with Broberg but I think he’s had a solid preseason. Hopefully he continues to get better as the season goes.

I think Broberg and Gleason outplayed VD. Interested to see what the team does.

Hopefully Ekholm, McLeod and Kulak are ready to go. Wonder if we get emergency call ups if they aren’t.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Another great game from Campbell. Hopefully he gets game 1. Great sign that both goalies are going.

Lavoie pretty quiet tonight but I think he still gets the 12F.

I know some people are disappointed with Broberg but I think he’s had a solid preseason. Hopefully he continues to get better as the season goes.

I think Broberg and Gleason outplayed VD. Interested to see what the team does.

Hopefully Ekholm, McLeod and Kulak are ready to go. Wonder if we get emergency call ups if they aren’t.
Woody will never waive his son so it’s between Broberg and Gleason and Holland wants Broberg in the roster so, I feel bad for Gleason..he will do well on another club though.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The Oilers are probably a trend-setter when it comes to this subscription model unfortunately. I bet a bunch of other teams start looking at starting subscription service and trying to push this nonsense by next year's training camps considering how they can get a revenue stream for virtually no extra cost or effort.

No team can provide this service and actually give any value to the consumer until someone succeeds at broadcasting their own games on streaming service profitably(not sure that ever happens), but they can push some blatantly predatory sign-up promos paywalling preseason games in the hope people forget to cancel and rake in some easy money in the interim like the Oilers are doing.

Reactions: barry halls

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I thought he had a very good preseason and should make the team.
Frankly, I might give him a spot over Broberg for a bit.

He definitely makes the team if either Kulak or Ekholm can't start the season.

If Gleason gets waived at this point, the team proves it’s not serious.
I wouldn't go that far.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You may not have noticed, but before Oilers plus was Oilers Plus, it was just Oilers TV. And Oilers TV was legit good, it shat all over every other teams pre and post game coverages. Canucks for example didn’t even post post game interviews to their YouTube. Kinda sad that it’s now been paywalled, as it used to be a pretty cool offering to the fanbase. Sigh, guess I’ll justify my subscription by telling myself it’ll help Katz afford an analytics department.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The Oilers are probably a trend-setter when it comes to this subscription model unfortunately. I bet a bunch of other teams start looking at starting subscription service and trying to push this nonsense by next year's training camps considering how they can get a revenue stream for virtually no extra cost or effort.

No team can provide this service and actually give any value to the consumer until someone succeeds at broadcasting their own games on streaming service profitably(not sure that ever happens), but they can push some blatantly predatory sign-up promos paywalling preseason games in the hope people forget to cancel and rake in some easy money in the interim like the Oilers are doing.
Vegas has a sub plan that shows all thier games that aren’t national. In the NBA the Utah jazz have the same thing. The oilers aren’t trend setters here. This is coming

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

The goals. Snipe from Kane.

Man, it's nice that Bouchard can step up and transition that puck so quickly.

Bouchard is only as good as his last mistake. This is the HFOil way.
Don't let 50 good plays get in the way of one bad one.
You've been around long enough to that

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
  • Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
New arena in a location closer to their fan base. I’m ok with it. It’s a large metro market.
I was in Atlanta Pre-covid for a football game (Saints-Falcons, Dec 7, 2018) . It is a massive city but to me, it didnt seem like a hockey market. I could be wrong, but it seemed the pecking order went:

Braves
Hawks
Falcons

Georgia Bulldogs rule as well. SEC football is an economy itself. Its on my Bucket List to attend a SEC game.

Reactions: brentashton

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Kane McDavid Brown
Nuge Draisaitl Hyman
Holloway McLeod Foegele
Janmark Ryan Lavoie

Nurse-Bouchard
Broberg-Ceci
Gleason-Kulak
Vinny (pressbox)

Campbell
Skinner

**Assuming Ekholm is out for opening night.

I think that’s how I’d have it.

Edit: swap Holloway to LW and Foegele to RW
Exactly same lineup I came up with last week. I called that 3rd line, STONEHENGE LINE. They can all skate but hands of stone

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
…bizarre comment since her whole social media is dedicated to demonstrating that although she is attractive, she is a scratch golfer.
not sure what your getting at.
If you dont like Ta-tas like a few of us do, maybe you shouldnt respond
Thats bizarre

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Woody will never waive his son so it’s between Broberg and Gleason and Holland wants Broberg in the roster so, I feel bad for Gleason..he will do well on another club though.

As in he gets claimed? When was the last time a career minor leaguer north of age 25 got claimed on waivers for a solid but not spectacular preseason?

Gleason's been good, (and I know this sounds cold to say) but it will take more than 3 weeks of playing well in meaningless games in order for him to get his first NHL chance since before Covid was a thing.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
As in he gets claimed? When was the last time a career minor leaguer north of age 25 got claimed on waivers for a solid but not spectacular preseason?

Gleason's been good, (and I know this sounds cold to say) but it will take more than 3 weeks of playing well in meaningless games in order for him to get his first NHL chance since before Covid was a thing.
It’s sad when 25 seems old but that’s the standard in todays NHL. I think a lot of what you say is probably true. If so, it’s to our team’s benefit that he can pass through waivers. I think he should stay, he’s made a statement in camp, but again that’s not the only consideration when building a compressed, 21 man roster.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Kovacevic got claimed just last year after an okay training camp 4 NHL games and then got waived. He was 25.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad