GDT: Preseason Game #8 - The Final Countdown - Seattle @ Edm 7PM MST - Streaming on Oilers +

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Kovacevic got claimed last year.
True.

It seems like more teams are “up against it” in terms of cap space this year. 10 are currently over the cap, 17 are over or have less than a million.

I scanned the list and had trouble identifying a team that has cap and roster space, needs a Dman and isn’t a bottom feeder. Buffalo was one team that I thought he might be a fit for.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
True.

It seems like more teams are “up against it” in terms of cap space this year. 10 are currently over the cap, 17 are over or have less than a million.

I scanned the list and had trouble identifying a team that has cap and roster space, needs a Dman and isn’t a bottom feeder. Buffalo was one team that I thought he might be a fit for.
I mean he can still do good for a bottom feeder. Chicago could easily claim him, their left side is horrendous. Boston too. Him being so cheap could be intriguing as well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I mean he can still do good for a bottom feeder. Chicago could easily claim him, their left side is horrendous. Boston too. Him being so cheap could be intriguing as well.
Boston would have to clear cap space to add him. Bottom feeders might be more prone to use space develop their own young than add him as a 25 year old.

Heck, look at us, debating where a 25 year old who has played 4 games in the NHL, is a waiver-potential player might go and make a team better. Regular season needs to start fast!

Cheers.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Didnt get to see game, just high-lites

Few things I noticed
Campbell has a .971%. I realize that will not happen in season but thats very impressive. Back to playoffs last year, he was sporting a great save%.

Kane is looking pretty good. WIcked shot last night. Good to see that

Hyman is flying. Might need 5 break aways to score a goal but I'll take it. Having a player similar to Hyman in Brown is unreal.

Some tough decisions this week. Hopefully they keep Gleason.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Definitely! I can’t believe how fast time goes. :(
I started late. Funny story for ya to prove how fast it goes.

I remember like it was yesterday taking my daughter to her first day of Grade Primary. It was a quite the shock to her and she was terrified. She was holding onto my leg crying begging me not to leave. Teacher was telling me to leave but I couldnt. There I am sitting in a Grade Primary desk with her. I was 6'3, 230 at the time so I looked pretty stupid sitting there. It was a very tough day to say the least. Fast forward to now, she is getting accepted into colleges every week . That is gonna be another tough day. Years go by like minutes now

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Jack called it an oilers win with 3 minutes left bc he knew all out streams were about to die. Lol

Lots to be excited about with this team for this season.

Holloway is a lock. I can't see how they cut Gleason, as he's had a great preseason, but they will. Lavoie needs to stay as well. He looks like he's going to be a great playoff performer.

They should let the injured players stay out and heal for a while longer and let this same team continue to play together.

Reactions: ujju2

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm no Caleb Jones truther, but if Chicago is waiving him, I don't see why they would be looking for another LHD.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Jack called it an oilers win with 3 minutes left bc he knew all out streams were about to die. Lol

Holloway is a lock. I can't see how they cut Gleason, as he's had a great preseason, but they will. Lavoie needs to stay as well. He looks like he's going to be a great playoff performer.

They should let the injured players stay out and heal for a while longer and let this same team continue to play together.
Just curious how that goes . With a player injured, can we pull of a Tampa Bay right now and not have to send a player down and risk him getting claimed? I have liked what I have seen from Pederson, Lavoie, Gleason. If we were to send them down, I suspect they would get claimed

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I dont think it's been mentioned but Cody Ceci looks like hes back to playing how he did in his first season. He was fast enough to prevent some odd man rushes and looked very good defensively.

Him and Kulak should be a very very good 3rd pairing. If not I have no issue putting him back with Nurse until the deadline.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Holloway is a lock. I can't see how they cut Gleason, as he's had a great preseason, but they will. Lavoie needs to stay as well. He looksm like he's going to be a great playoff performer.

Holloway was always a lock even if he stunk in camp not only because they need to see what they have in him but also because depth is shallow.

My god, posting here on mobile is worse than ever. Wow, get your shit together HF.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bouchard is only as good as his last mistake. This is the HFOil way.
Don't let 50 good plays get in the way of one bad one.
You've been around long enough to that
Lol perfect. His mistake was noticeably for sure, but the other 2 goals he helped create were more so I think lol.

Oilers fans often need all the players to be McDavid/Pronger/Bergeron crosses or they don't count as NHL quality, forgetting, Way too often, that many are incredible in their own right

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Just curious how that goes . With a player injured, can we pull of a Tampa Bay right now and not have to send a player down and risk him getting claimed? I have liked what I have seen from Pederson, Lavoie, Gleason. If we were to send them down, I suspect they would get claimed
I think in that case they would send down players that dont need waivers, put Ekholm on IR and then call back up.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I started late. Funny story for ya to prove how fast it goes.

I remember like it was yesterday taking my daughter to her first day of Grade Primary. It was a quite the shock to her and she was terrified. She was holding onto my leg crying begging me not to leave. Teacher was telling me to leave but I couldnt. There I am sitting in a Grade Primary desk with her. I was 6'3, 230 at the time so I looked pretty stupid sitting there. It was a very tough day to say the least. Fast forward to now, she is getting accepted into colleges every week . That is gonna be another tough day. Years go by like minutes now
Ugh man. Those are the tough moments. You’re so proud of the kiddos, but it’s tough. Our 7 month old baby is attached at the hip to my wife. I’m sure when she starts daycare in 4 months. Leah will be in tears all day lol. But it’s moments like you had that you will remember forever!

Reactions: Oilers in NS

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Ugh man. Those are the tough moments. You’re so proud of the kiddos, but it’s tough. Our 7 month old baby is attached at the hip to my wife. I’m sure when she starts daycare in 4 months. Leah will be in tears all day lol. But it’s moments like you had that you will remember forever!
Posted this on the camp thread- Woody already talking about benefits of 11-7.

Reactions: tardigrade81

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I dont think it's been mentioned but Cody Ceci looks like hes back to playing how he did in his first season. He was fast enough to prevent some odd man rushes and looked very good defensively.

Him and Kulak should be a very very good 3rd pairing. If not I have no issue putting him back with Nurse until the deadline.
The changes to our schemes seem to be having a positive impact on defenders and goaltenders. Less running around in zone, less confusion, more support from the C.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I strongly suggest the pre-school before they start Grade Primary. Gets them ready

Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad