Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

37FC595C-2150-469E-B05F-ABE0086787D9.gif

No. It’s not true. People from Seattle cannot read.

If Broberg could hockey as good as he can pickleball we wouldn’t be in such a pickle on RD….:pickle:

Roster will be cut down pretty hard after tomorrow methinks.

GD Music; Rump by Pickle

Last edited:

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I think it's obvious that this will be the last game we see from the Condors. Easy flight down from Seattle. The last 2 games in Edmonton will be mostly the big team.

I'm interested to see if they give guys like Lavoie and Holloway some time with 97 and 29 just to see what they can do in that situation. Maybe Bourgault too.

I've kinda liked Gleason. I can see him making the trip back to Edmonton and getting into one of those final games.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
They aren’t going to give some rookies a chance with McDrai are they?

Probably Hyman - McDavid - Draisaitl lol

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Interesting roster, I kinda figured we'd be down to main camp rosters already

But now, 1 game mostly ahl, wednesdays game mostly nhl either the last few hopefuls, and 1 pre season game with the full nhl team?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We are going to be so rusty to start the season. Hopefully we have most of our main team for the last 2 games. After the last preseason game there is a bit of a break so not many games to get back to full speed over the next week and a bit.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
A little more reliable defensively but yeah not able to translate it the other way. Needs more time in development. Maybe bring him up for a look after 40 games.
100%

Only really 1 spot, 2 max IMO . I think if the defence dont go as planned, 2024 1st rounder and 2 prospects are being traded.
Does this look okay?

Brown McDaddy Kane
Nuge Drai Hyman

Now for the bottom 6,
Holloway McLeod Foegele (STONEHENGE LINE)
Janmark Ryan XXX
Be nice to see Lavoie run with this because he cant be sent down. I have like what I have seen from Pederson (#19). Erne will be in consideration as well

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
This better be the last game that we see of: Griffith, Malone, Pickard, Hamblin, Pickard and Bourgault unless the latter shows very well. Not including Dineen as I haven't really seen much of him yet.
Like why are they even playing? Now is the time to put the players with who they will be playing with. I hated Woody doing this last year and hate him doing it this year

8 bonafide nhlers this late in the preseason is kind of dumb.

Yep. Can’t wait for Leon and Connor having to play 27 mins a game the first 5-7 games because the bottom 6 will get minimal ice time because they can’t score (no chemistry)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Like why are they even playing? Now is the time to put the players with who they will be playing with. I hated Woody doing this last year and hate him doing it this year

Yep. Can’t wait for Leon and Connor having to play 27 mins a game the first 5-7 games because the bottom 6 will get minimal ice time because they can’t score (no chemistry)

Woodcroft doesn't learn shit.

The whole "their defensive system is going to be totally different" has been overblown massively too ... the system doesn't look much different at all from the same thing they played last year.

He's a protege of Todd McLellan through and through, stubborn as an ox.

He's doing the same exact thing from last year's preseason this year, running a training camp for the AHL Condors.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Bourgault has not done much at all to help his cause.

Unfortunately I don't see anything with this player that appears to be redeeming at this point. He seems to be a textbook "needs to be in the top 6 to be effective, but isn't good enough to play there" type player.

To make it I think he needs to focus on becoming a strong defensive player that can play on a third line and PK. He'll need to be a 3rd line player that has some offensive touch as a bonus, but not a feature of his game IMO.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
100%

Only really 1 spot, 2 max IMO . I think if the defence dont go as planned, 2024 1st rounder and 2 prospects are being traded.
Does this look okay?

Brown McDaddy Kane
Nuge Drai Hyman

Now for the bottom 6,
Holloway McLeod Foegele (STONEHENGE LINE)
Janmark Ryan XXX
Be nice to see Lavoie run with this because he cant be sent down. I have like what I have seen from Pederson (#19). Erne will be in consideration as well
I like the stonehenge line and name. I can see them being good and also frustrating for us lol

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

There are still two more pre-season games here after tonight. That is plenty to play most or all of the main group in. Also, unlike last year the bottom 6 is basically the same. They all played a whole season together.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The season is too long with playoffs and the amount we play our best players, they should see very little if any action if you ask me. Keep the stars out of the ex play they will be fine to start the season.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It would’ve nice if Lavoie stepped off the side of the milk carton to appear and do something that would put him on the roster.I like his size. 23 years old, his time is passing him by fast. If we waive him he may be picked but I’m not sure it’s a loss at this point.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Everyone seems to be overly concerned about the 4th line. I believe our biggest problems are Ekholm and McLeod. Before camp everyone was forecasting jumps forward by Holloway and Broberg. The key to Broberg moving up is playing time with Ekholm. Holloway getting off 4th line is contingent on him finding chemistry with Foegele and McLeod. We need 71 & 14 in the preseason lineup!

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It would’ve nice if Lavoie stepped off the side of the milk carton to appear and do something that would put him on the roster.I like his size. 23 years old, his time is passing him by fast. If we waive him he may be picked but I’m not sure it’s a loss at this point.
Scored a couple goals on beauty shots. But he doesn't seem to be the type of player that has the puck a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad