GDT: Preseason Game 5: Red Wings at chicago 8:30 pm et 10/3/23

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Was an ok game.

Joey V looked good, more of that please.
Klim was good.
Bergy had a strong game.
Danielson weakest game for sure, maybe tired but also played with scrubs.
Chiarot-Holl was as expected, If that's the planned pairing I hope Lalonde doesn't wait until game 40-50 like he did the Chiarot-Seider pairing to make a change.
Copp/Perron/Moose was meh.
Soderblom continues to drive me crazy with his loose play.

Reactions: Filppula

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That shit on Klim's face needs some work. Full beard or some other shape.
Better not question my comrades style!

3AC52355D5AE8713463A6763D64D69135F886743

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Chariot needs to see zero ice time this year. At this point, ill take an inexperienced Edvisson over that plug.

Also- Chicago fans, yelling, “Detroit sucks,”during a preseason game is flat out embarrassing. Chicago is a shit sports town, with bandwagon fans…. Chicago hockey can’t hold a jockstrap to Detroit hockey, professionally or on the amateur level. I can’t wait to see Patty Kane in a red wing uniform. Chicago fans are gonna lose it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Chariot needs to see zero ice time this year. At this point, ill take an inexperienced Edvisson over that plug.

Also- Chicago fans, yelling, “Detroit sucks,”during a preseason game is flat out embarrassing. Chicago is a shit sports town, with bandwagon fans…. Chicago hockey can’t hold a jockstrap to Detroit hockey, professionally or on the amateur level. I can’t wait to see Patty Kane in a red wing uniform. Chicago fans are gonna lose it.
All Chicago fans have is their hatred. Hate the Packers, hate the Red Wings, hate each other (Sox/Cubs).

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

I personally have no problem with those meatheads, they've been chanting that for years...I take it as a badge of honor.

Back in '99 a few buddies of mine and I went to a Wings game in Chicago (when the Hawks were pretty bad). The chant starts up - my buddies and I start chanting 'STANLEY CUPS'. Many fans in attendance that night were Red Wing fans. Many around us joined in and I shit you not - the Wings scored shortly after that and the Wings fans erupted - the Chicago goal horn went off (guy was probably sleeping and heard the crowd).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I personally have no problem with those meatheads, they've been chanting that for years...I take it as a badge of honor.

Back in '99 a few buddies of mine and I went to a Wings game in Chicago (when the Hawks were pretty bad). The chant starts up - my buddies and I start chanting 'STANLEY CUPS'. Many fans in attendance that night were Red Wing fans. Many around us joined in and I shit you not - the Wings scored shortly after that and the Wings fans erupted - the Chicago goal horn went off (guy was probably sleeping and heard the crowd).
Loser fanbase, loser franchise

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Not as embarrassing as when they chanted that after winning the Cup in a year where they didn’t even play Detroit in the postseason.

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
Joey V- i think his best game of preseeason. he has plyd more phyiscal than i remember.
Klim -like him
Danielson- looked tired.
Chiarot-Holl- NO i want to give chiarot some slack cause 1st gm of preseason, but he looked like he did last yr. holl not sold him yet.
Copp/Perron/Moose- this line looked better with comp centering this line.
Soderblom- needs to ply with more aggression. he needs to go GR and work that out.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
This was an NHL lineup that Chicago played with. We played 6 NHL forwards and 2 NHL defensemen.

Veleno seems to have a little more jump this year. He's looked good. I wouldn't be surprised he will see some middle six action this year.

Chiarot - First game in the pre season. He didn't look bad against this Chicago team.

Danielson was obviously tired this game. Can't blame him for that. A lot of games this early on before you get to match fitness will do that. But he has looked good.

Wallinder looked good yesterday. Good on the puck, and he got a good stick defensively that he took away some passes between the circles with.

Soderblom needs time in the AHL for sure. Seems the game goes a bit too fast for him here. Could be tired this early on as well. Also, seems he is afraid to use his body.

Holl has looked better than expected. Seems to be a steady defensive defenseman. Paired with Chiarot on the third pairing, and they would look like gods.

Kostin brings an element that we've lacked.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
A buyout doesn't look that bad, but Abby's buyout goes to 25/26 so it'll be over $3M total that season.

I think the preferred solution would be to trade him even if it means retaining 50%
I mean, yeah sounds great, trade him. Just don't think anyone will want him. Feels like buyout will be the only option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad