5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
8145C325-0FAC-4173-92F7-CA04A2AB4BC0.gif

FD87AF05-9079-4A99-806B-FDCCDF565807.gif

Past the halfway mark to real hockey!

Not sure the Oilers lines yet but probably a combination of NHL & AHL players.

Also it’s the Iron Maiden concert tonight so I’ll be at that one - gonna be an awesome show as usual!

GD Music - The entire Future Past set list which is fitting given the probable lineup for the Oilers tonight.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
View attachment 747659

View attachment 747660

Also it’s the Iron Maiden concert tonight so I’ll be at that one - gonna be an awesome show as usual!

GD Music - The entire Future Past set list which is fitting given the probable lineup for the Oilers tonight.

What princess is that? I was at Disney a few times and I was hoping to see the dark side of Disney with a few of them.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
View attachment 747659

View attachment 747660

6 2/3 forward lines (20 forwards) and 11D? There had better be at least 4-5 forwards and 3 D cut after this game.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
why we have 4 pre-season games left I think you probably cut after the next game not this one.

Just since we dont need most guys in the next 3 straight but ideally at least 3 of the 4 including tonight.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
If the NHL wants to drive up engagement in its sport then this practice needs to die.

It's a professional hockey league, coaches aren't fooling anyone.

You think what's holding back viewership is coaches not announcing preseason lineups until close to game time?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder when the Oilers will end the Niemelainen experiment. He's quite clearly lost his job to Desharnais.

He's actually the poor man's version of VD in the exact same way that Broberg is the poor man's version of Nurse - Similar size, skating ability, similar deficiencies handling the puck and decision making, just with 10% of the aggression and nastiness.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If the NHL wants to drive up engagement in its sport then this practice needs to die.

It's a professional hockey league, coaches aren't fooling anyone.
It’s preseason. Lol. Once the reg season starts there are never going to be many surprises in regards to a line up. Top players will play 🤷‍♀️

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
View attachment 747659

View attachment 747660

Junk in the trunk

I like it!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I wonder when the Oilers will end the Niemelainen experiment. He's quite clearly lost his job to Desharnais.

He's actually the poor man's version of VD in the exact same way that Broberg is the poor man's version of Nurse - Similar size, skating ability, similar deficiencies handling the puck and decision making, just with 10% of the aggression and nastiness.

Maybe Holland can repeat his miracle and jettison him like he did Samorukov for a Kostin-esque player.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I do not get why the Oilers don't release their lineup

If I was a Oiler fan in Van, I would be so annoyed. I would want to know whether to buy tickets and go see a good lineup so I could plan the rest of my day

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I do not get why the Oilers don't release their lineup

If I was an Oiler fan in Van, I would be so annoyed. I would want to know whether to buy tickets and go see a good lineup so I could plan the rest of my day
That’s not Woody or Holland’s direct concern, really. But it should…

The NHL and PA a should be raising it as a concern. If it affects the walk up gate sales, that is HRR (and the cap long term) that is impacted. It’s also bush.

Should be league mandated that a game day roster has to be released x hours before puck drop and stop the silly gamesmanship.

Lol.

Skinner looks like he could go straight to his job as a longshoreman down on the Vancouver docks and Soup looks like he’s going to a foo foo business dinner at the Fairmont Pacific rim!!

Reactions: mkatcherin00

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad