Preseason Game #1. Vegas Knights Vs SJ Sharks @ 5:00pm

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I understand its pre season but it’s still a step in laying the foundation. These guys getting more comfortable playing together and having success is important. I think Guschin is an NHL player btw. He needs to be with the big club.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Great thing about preseason is that you get a glimpse of something that might be the future. What we saw from Thrun, was what Sharks team desperately needs. A solid defencemen both ways of the ice. Just remember noticing he did an excellent defensive move breaking a 2 on 1 at one point from Vegas, I remember thinking it's been a forever since our #1D has been really two way. Really excited to see If Thrun can keep it up.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It still makes me sad that Thrun lost to Beefsteak in the annual HFSharks prospect polls (yes, those mean alot to me haha) but I'm really happy he's getting PP time (that's what I asked for).

It also makes me sad that Jux is sad that Laroque sucked this game. But maybe taking it real slow with Laroque is best.
He didn't really suck, but you could see that he couldn't hustle his legs as hard as other guys.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Rutta / Thrun is a great pairing as well. Hope they stick to it. You have a vet that's seen it all, that played with some great Ds to help anchor an emerging, young D.
Knyzhov-Benning, Thrun-Rutta, Vlasic-Ferraro is the pairings I'd use + Burroughs as the 7D. Send MacDonald to the AHL and put Simek on waivers (or better yet, he should retire).

Reactions: Cas

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
In a perfect world, I'd play Ferraro-Burroughs, but Quinn doesn't have the stones to scratch Vlasic on a regular basis
If it’s between Vlassic and Ferraro it is Ferraro that should be scratched. Vlassic was much better last season. Ferraro is below replacement level and almost as overpaid as Vlassic.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
If it’s between Vlassic and Ferraro it is Ferraro that should be scratched. Vlassic was much better last season. Ferraro is below replacement level and almost as overpaid as Vlassic.
They're both kind of trash but Ferraro might have a future and Vlasic doesn't.

Reactions: landshark

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Positives:
- Thrun looked great for the most part. A couple of turnovers but nothing too horrendous
- Zadina was really putting in work defensively, really played two way hockey.
- Hertl, Barbie, Duclair all looked relatively solid and will be better for the skate.
- Guschin and Ozzy were noticeable and should be big contributors for the Cuda.
- Kahkonen looked comfortable for the most part.
- Rutta was solid, and I liked what I saw from Burroughs.

Negatives:
- Until he took the penalty, I forgot Smith was playing. If he's pushing for an NHL job, he should be making more impact.
- Okhotiuk looked ordinary. Might have just been the game, but looks a ways off from competing for an NHL job.
- First pre-season game, so have to take it with a grain of salt, but some chaos and sloppiness in their own zone at time.

Other observations:
- Mixed bag from Bords. Like some of the jump and active stick without the puck, but still made some poor decisions with the puck.
- Based on this game, I think Laroque would benefit more from AHL than being sent back to junior.
- Centre ice looks great.
I’ve been out of the loop for a bit and when you mentioned Smith I thought it was about Will right away… now bummed.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad