GDT: Preseason Game 06 - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, October 5th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The board is in mid-season form.

55 81 13 with very little game action, coming in off illness

91 not playing with his normal line mates much so far

Many new players with new linemates

Jets passing and timing off just a bit

Take a deep breath

Poor Heinola

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hey the Sens' have Smegle on their roster...

morehouse-lemetrius.gif
Live from Eyeseeing’s toilet cam
So much for sober October

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The board is in mid-season form.

55 81 13 with very little game action, coming in off illness

91 not playing with his normal line mates much so far

Many new players with new linemates

Jets passing and timing off just a bit

Take a deep breath

Poor Heinola
Some how they will need it to start coming together starting next week. With the injuries and illness it looks like lots of guys didn’t get the reps needed to better shake off the rust. Tough break for Heinola and with Schmidt’s uncertainty they may end up not waiving any defensemen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some how they will need it to start coming together starting next week. With the injuries and illness it looks like lots of guys didn’t get the reps needed to better shake off the rust. Tough break for Heinola and with Schmidt’s uncertainty they may end up not waiving any defensemen.

Yup, unfortunately the injury to Ville likely made a good many of their d decisions for them. I can't see Tree going anywhere now.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, unfortunately the injury to Ville likely made a good many of their d decisions for them. I can't see Tree going anywhere now.
I think Chisholm might still be on the block so they can not risk Axel. Gus is likely safe. I also think Capo is kept around.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
While it would have been nice for the home fans to see the Jets score a goal or 2 it was just a pre-season game. I bet if the Jets won 10-0 some would say It's just a pre-season game, let's see what happens when the regular season starts. Too bad for Heinola although i think he still turned some heads this pre-season and will get a chance once healthy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
While it would have been nice for the home fans to see the Jets score a goal or 2 it was just a pre-season game. I bet if the Jets won 10-0 some would say It's just a pre-season game, let's see what happens when the regular season starts. Too bad for Heinola although i think he still turned some heads this pre-season and will get a chance once healthy.
The problem with villes situation is by the time he comes back, either the Jets will be in a dogfight for a playoff spot or performing like a well oiled machine. I can't see the Jets putting him on the roster and exposing someone in either scenario. The only way I see him getting in is if there are injuries or the Jets are well out of it

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The problem with villes situation is by the time he comes back, either the Jets will be in a dogfight for a playoff spot or performing like a well oiled machine. I can't see the Jets putting him on the roster and exposing someone in either scenario. The only way I see him getting in is if there are injuries or the Jets are well out of it
Either way he would likely get a conditioning stint in the A. Depending on how bad the damage is, he might be off the ice for a long while.

Reactions: Jet and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just please don't start Stanley that's all i ask.:laugh:

Reactions: Jet and Stumbledore

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
27-55-13 Entry Monster-Finisher-Playmaker/Shooter

81-91-62
Sniper-High IQ-Power Forward

Would like to see that.

I agree, the lines as constructed don't have enough complimentary skill sets on them.

Scheifele needs an ice tilter on his line, that has been apparent since Wheeler declined and couldn't do it any longer. Put Ehlers with him.

Perfetti tilts the ice for his line so having Fly to do it adds some redundancy. What hisbline needs is a one shot scorer to take advantage of the ozone time.

Nov 24, 2006
Really feel bad for Heinola. Looked poised to make a regular contribution finally and a freak accident may wipe out a good chunk of the season.

The double whammy is that this guy sticks around.

IMG_0635.jpeg

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Not even gonna watch this one. Expletives /60 suggests this was one to miss, failing deep vaults of cilantro or Blue Nun.

Thx for the helpful summaries, folks. Looks like there's some gelling to take place.

And jaysus, do I feel for Ville. The cruel spite of the hockey gods overwhelms the laws of karma.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I'm feeling negative right now on this teams structure, usage and play style. I know just pre-season, but being burnt by optimism in the past makes me Leary for the future.

I know that Boring winning hockey > Exciting losing hockey, but the current boring losing trends since last December are the worst - unless plan is loading up on picks/assets for the future (which we have resisted so far).

Would rather see a strong playoff run than selling UFA's by the deadline......but both do have positives in their own way.

Go Jets Players!
Screw True North!
Turn my negativity into smiles please!!!

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Not even gonna watch this one. Expletives /60 suggests this was one to miss, failing deep vaults of cilantro or Blue Nun.

Thx for the helpful summaries, folks. Looks like there's some gelling to take place.

And jaysus, do I feel for Ville. The cruel spite of the hockey gods overwhelms the laws of karma.
The only memorable things in this game were Heinola's injury (a bad thing) and Scheif losing his mind (rare but entertaining when it happens). Beyond that it was an exercise in going through the motions, the NHL version of mailing one in at work. Sloppiness everywhere. Don't bother watching it.

The Sens fans in the building seemed excited, though.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm feeling negative right now on this teams structure, usage and play style. I know just pre-season, but being burnt by optimism in the past makes me Leary for the future.

I know that Boring winning hockey > Exciting losing hockey, but the current boring losing trends since last December are the worst - unless plan is loading up on picks/assets for the future (which we have resisted so far).

Would rather see a strong playoff run than selling UFA's by the deadline......but both do have positives in their own way.

Go Jets Players!
Screw True North!
Turn my negativity into smiles please!!!

I'm going to wait until about game 10 to form an opinion on play style but I agree that there are some trends from last year that are showing up in our play so far.

Reactions: Cypruss

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Until Connor and Scheifele are separated, things won't change, they are both shooters really... and not great defensively but 55 putting in some effort on the back check.

Nino Scheif Ehlers
Connor Perfetti Vilardi

Or crazy concept

Nino Scheif Vilardi
Connor Perfetti Kupari
Iafallo names Ehlers
Barron Lowry Apples
Gus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad