GDT: Preseason BOA 7:00MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm way more concerned about how our skaters played in that game than how Rittich played. We didn't generate much offense and we were giving up grade AAA chances the other way all night.
Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock in team performances until the China group comes back and we cut most of these potatoes we've got on a PTO

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'm way more concerned about how our skaters played in that game than how Rittich played. We didn't generate much offense and we were giving up grade AAA chances the other way all night.

Eh, we were icing an AHL squad. I wouldn't expect a single skater we played tonight to make the Flames opening night lineup.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Yup let's blame him anyway......

463.jpg

Reactions: JPeeper

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Eh, we were icing an AHL squad.

The Oilers were icing a CHL squad. I don't think that's an excuse. There was something systemically wrong with how we played tonight and while a lot of our talent is in China, that's besides the point. I didn't think the Flames deserved to win this game and that shouldn't have been the case because we were the more talented team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Oilers were icing a CHL squad. I don't think that's an excuse. There was something systemically wrong with how we played tonight and while a lot of our talent is in China, that's besides the point. I didn't think the Flames deserved to win this game and that shouldn't have been the case because we were the more talented team.

Or our prospects are overrated

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think a lot of guys were playing for themselves to get noticed, rather than focusing on getting the win or playing a certain system. It's different when you bring in a couple guys in alongside a pretty established team vs. when your main goal is trying to be better than the 20 year old kid coming out of junior that's on the first line

How many penalties did the Oilers get for no good reason? How many pointless tilts?

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How much of this comes from guys in game 1 of trying to learn a new system? And how much of it is 4 of 18 skaters were playing their first game for the organization and 6 more are PTOs that never got to skate with the guys before camp?

There are lots of reasons they could have looked bad that will make no difference in a week or two.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think a lot of guys were playing for themselves to get noticed, rather than focusing on getting the win or playing a certain system. It's different when you bring in a couple guys in alongside a pretty established team vs. when your main goal is trying to be better than the 20 year old kid coming out of junior that's on the first line

How many penalties did the Oilers get for no good reason? How many pointless tilts?

This is certainly true. It's just... the lack of cohesiveness in that game gave me PTSD from March 2018

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Outside of three players, Juuso, Dubé and Mangiapane this team was repugnant. Defence stunk, forwards stunk and goaltending stuck.

Our prospects team was better than these PTO plugs. Too bad we have to ice them.

These games don’t matter much until the big boys get back.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Yes, and I know *exactly* what this problem is.

Say it with me:

September 17th

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Valimaki was honestly been pretty underwhelming, probably needs a year in Stockton.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As a follow-up to my previous post, this is the list of guys on the ice for goals for and against, excluding the EN goal.

NameES GFPP GFSH GFTotal GF-ES GAPP GASH GATotal GA
Spencer Foo1001-2013
Duncan Siemens1001-1102
Kerby Rychel3003-2002
Juuso Valimaki3003-2002
Justin Falk3003-1001
Tyler Graovac0000-0101
Matthew Phillips0000-1001
Logan Shaw0000-1001
Scott Sabourin0000-1102
Buddy Robinson3003-2002
Ryan Lomberg0000-1001
Oliver Kylington1001-2013
Dillon Dube3003-2002
Brett Pollock0000-0011
Viktor Svedberg0000-1001
Andrew Mangiapane1001-0011
Alan Quine1001-1012
Ryan Sproul0000-1012
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Literally every skater was on the ice for at least a single goal against.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Thought the trio of m Mangiapane-Dube-Foo

Don’t really care about the rest of the roster and they showed why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad