GDT: Preseason at Bruins, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
I like the pace and playmaking of this team. It's no longer race down the sideboards, 180 spin and pray someone's open for an outlet pass.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I was f***ing camping the clock from 12 to 2, and then missed the 4pm start. Goddamn it.

What have I missed, because there isn't a guarantee highlights will do it.

edit: judging by the thread you wouldn't think it's 3-2 Washington...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Really like how McMichael and Milano have looked. Would be a big boost to their middle six if those two can play at a higher level. McMike in particular looks the part this preseason. HHA looks solid too. Great hit on Lucic and seems solid defensively with a decent enough first pass.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Willy looks like he has a good season in him, right? Id draft him in fantasy but I dont play anymore :P

f*** Mantha

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Hard to justify a spot for Mantha given the play of guys like McMichael, Phillips, and Miroshnichenko.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
btw, why isnt Ovi playing?

why do they keep Ovi with Backstrom in practice? looks like Kuzy is with Wilson and then what? who's RW with 8-19? Oshie? 3 old guys together?!

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I’m fine w that not being a penalty

Yeah you heard that to?

Sound guy in Boston must be a DC old head

Maybe. Quite a popular song when it came out and Fugazi is still revered to this day around the world. I've definitely heard it in other barns during longer breaks in play.

Also, I've heard Seein Red played in DC more than once which is strange it's not played more often given the Caps Rock the Red era.

Think we need more Go Go at the arena too.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Got caught up. Like how we are playing with speed. Also mostly doing a good job in the lanes both bodies and sticks.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
JC74 on PK? Haha. Iorio looks like he needs more time in Hershey. Aktell is impressive!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
HHA can stay, I'm good with it. Only guy on that shift making plays that actually lead to zone exits.

ooof, that's a booty call. not even remotely close to a hook

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Aktell has been great! I love how he positions and he gets to the puck quick with the body. Looks like an excellent find.

Reactions: Martin Elz

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm not all the way sure why people are so hard on Aube-Kubel, that dude does work when he's on the ice

he's very much like a Dowd who doesn't get it yet. If he just plays a smidge more inside the rules he's got the tools to be an absolute maniac of a 4th line player. Dowd is even arguably too good for what he does, but he does it so well and doesn't care so it's fine. NAK has all those assets he's just a bit of an idiot.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
this year is going to be genuinely hilarious if Backstrom starts doing the Gretzky Office thing and works it. They won't know what to do with that league-wide, and it'll also be an amazing media scramble

It would likely lead to fewer primary assists, and I don't like taking that out of Backstrom's hands, but it's just such a funny wrinkle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad