Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Yes he's our second best CB in my opinion. Shouldn't be played att FB though

I know. Was only joking. Not totally convinced about him as a CB though. Overall i must say i find your CB:s a bit overrated. Beside van Dijk i do find it questionable. Gomez, Matip and Lovren are all okey but nothing more. They are not exactly any better than what the other top teams have. Now i expect Live in the now to respond in a short while.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I know. Was only joking. Not totally convinced about him as a CB though. Overall i must say i find your CB:s a bit overrated. Beside van Dijk i do find it questionable. Gomez, Matip and Lovren are all okey but nothing more. They are not exactly any better than what the other top teams have. Now i expect Live in the now to respond in a short while.

Matip and Lovren are pretty average as starting CB but Gomez is a special talent though. Just need to get his injuries in check so he doesn't keep on missing 2/3 of each season

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Matip and Lovren are pretty average as starting CB but Gomez is a special talent though. Just need to get his injuries in check so he doesn't keep on missing 2/3 of each season

I agree he´s a talent with a lot of potential that he also showed in periods. But that could also be said about someone like Holding who played very good last season before picking up that injury... I don´t think he will ever be a player to rely on week in week out. It´s not hard to have shorter periods when you play good. It is about being consistent over a longer period. Then you really show how good you are. Even if Gomez do get rid of the injuries i´m not totally convinced about him being a consistent player. But yeah, he has the potential indeed.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I agree he´s a talent with a lot of potential that he also showed in periods. But that could also be said about someone like Holding who played very good last season before picking up that injury... I don´t think he will ever be a player to rely on week in week out. It´s not hard to have shorter periods when you play good. It is about being consistent over a longer period. Then you really show how good you are. Even if Gomez do get rid of the injuries i´m not totally convinced about him being a consistent player. But yeah, he has the potential indeed.

I mean yeah at RB he probably isn’t a good option long term but at CB he’ll fine.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Watching Kelly Cates and Wrighty on the preview show. What in the world is Wright wearing?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't love Gomez at RB, but as a CB I think he has a serious top level future. And that's completely okay for Liverpool, because they need CBs and have a kid who's already a top quality RB at the age of 20. The big thing for TAA now is getting better defensively, because IMO he's seriously lacking against the ball right now. He's so good on the ball though, holy smokes.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Even if this may be true, it's quite a shameful thing to say as a manager. Imagine Klopp saying this about Chelsea in 2017.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't seen a video of that statement, but my guess it is a mix of his poor English and rubbish English press.

I usually watch Pochettino's press conferences and I don't even know how many times things have been taken out of context and/or misunderstood (on purpose or not) from those.

Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I haven't seen a video of that statement, but my guess it is a mix of his poor English and rubbish English press.

I usually watch Pochettino's press conferences and I don't even know how many times things have been taken out of context and/or misunderstood (on purpose or not) from those.

4:45
Tommy Shelby's disappointed

Reactions: Havre

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I could understand it in the narrow meaning about physical difficulty because Liverpool doesn't have a physical front line like Burnley does. Obviously their front three are miles better than Burnley, but they won't physically beat up a CB like Burnley's attack might. Granted it's still a weird way to phrase defending a team that's absolutely destroyed for for a couple years running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad