Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Isles hold on. All we need is for Minnesota to get at least a point tomorrow at home. Teams usually like to get up for their final home game of the season even if they aren’t making the playoffs.

Pens lose! Now if the wild get one point tomorrow do they jump the pens? They have the same RW and ROW
Yes, the third tie-breaker is total wins.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Isles hold on. All we need is for Minnesota to get at least a point tomorrow at home. Teams usually like to get up for their final home game of the season even if they aren’t making the playoffs.

Yes, the third tie-breaker is total wins.
Then there is the Sharks that get blown out. And in general look like they didn't want to be there lol

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Game day. Rooting for the Wild to get to overtime at minimum. The difference between 13th and 14th picks could be significant drop off in talent. It might also allow us to pick someone that fell on our lap at 13th but might be gone by 14th. I still can't believe the Pens lost. Islanders had nothing to play for and should have rested their players for the playoffs. This is a good opportunity.

What's the going rate for trading up from 14th to 13th? A 4th rounder? So if the Wild win, we're basically gifted a 4th rounder.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
F Seattle. F Min. Drop off in talent going from 13th to 14th sucks.

In my rankings, 13 vs 14 means a tier difference as well. But all it takes to dip from
the higher tier is one team in the let’s say 8-13 range to take a player you/me don’t value that much. Pretty sure that will happen. Connelly, Sennecke, Jiricek, maybe Hage are players that I could see being picked ahead of 14 OA making sure at least one of my top 13 is available… the bigger question at that point is, would the Sharks pick that player, if he is available.

Anyway, in the end it comes down to what that pick turns out to be 5 years down the road… they call the draft a crap-shot for a reason.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Some of y'all are making way too big a deal about 13 v 14. A few days ago we were worried we'd be picking in the 20s. There's a ton of good talent at 10-15. The drop off is closer to the late teens.

I'm ecstatic that we are picking 14. Someone more exciting could easily fall, and if not, then we will be picking amongst Sennecke, Greentree, Jiricek, MBN level talent. Every piece helps.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Some of y'all are making way too big a deal about 13 v 14. A few days ago we were worried we'd be picking in the 20s. There's a ton of good talent at 10-15. The drop off is closer to the late teens.

I'm ecstatic that we are picking 14. Someone more exciting could easily fall, and if not, then we will be picking amongst Sennecke, Greentree, Jiricek, MBN level talent. Every piece helps.
Agreed. It would actually be kind of fun to take the top-13 (that people have posted on here) and come back after the draft to see where they all land. Hard to believe that in two months, with all that can cause a re-think (from injuries to the combine to interviews to the U-18s), that things won't get mixed up...and the Sharks may end up passing on multiple guys from this group with the 14th pick.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Agreed. It would actually be kind of fun to take the top-13 (that people have posted on here) and come back after the draft to see where they all land. Hard to believe that in two months, with all that can cause a re-think (from injuries to the combine to interviews to the U-18s), that things won't get mixed up...and the Sharks may end up passing on multiple guys from this group with the 14th pick.

A Sharks board mock draft sounds fun. Like the top-15.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

No the drop off is at 13.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
No the drop off is at 13.
How would anyone possibly know that? Nobody can even agree who should be 2-10. Nobody can figure out whether Yakemchuk is 3 or 23. Jiricek 12 or 29. Eiserman 5 or 15. Iginla 5 or 15. And that's just at the draft, let alone in 5 years. I can't tell if this is satire, so sorry if I'm misinterpreting.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad