GDT: Preds @ Yotes 4/29 9:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So ... Vomacka? Cooley? We haven't had a goalie look great in weeks and that was against the Sharks.

None of our goalies have done a good job for weeks .. and Saros's one blip against the Sharks doesn't make up for the struggles for the rest of April. The penalties continue to cost the team ... one goal given up on the continuation.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So ... Vomacka? Cooley? We haven't had a goalie look great in weeks and that was against the Sharks.

None of our goalies have done a good job for weeks .. and Saros's one blip against the Sharks doesn't make up for the struggles for the rest of April. The penalties continue to cost the team ... one goal given up on the continuation.
Cooley was the winning goalie tonight with 29 saves. He has shown a lot of improvement, but I don't think he is ready for the NHL.

Vomacka sat on the bench tonight.

It is a shame to lose after being up 4-0 in the first period.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Cooley was the winning goalie tonight with 29 saves. He has shown a lot of improvement, but I don't think he is ready for the NHL.

Vomacka sat on the bench tonight.

It is a shame to lose after being up 4-0 in the first period.

I know this was probably just posted in the wrong thread, but I think it’s fitting. I’d take a guy named Cooley over these two bums we have up here 😭

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Maybe this will be a wakeup call
Can file this under things we've said for a while now unfortunately...it's not going to wake anything up. Avs are going to take us to the woodshed with this goalie tandem and defensive coaching style. Offense not terrible, defense just doesn't know how to play in front of goal or with a lead.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
Omg. Another gut punch loss. I’m usually stoked for preds playoff hockey but this is going to be painful to watch. I feel like every shot we give up is going to go in and if the first shot doesn’t, the next one will.

With my mental state already being fragile during Preds playoff games, this is not going to be fun.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Was shocked to see this result after that start. I think the majority of flames fans (myself included) think of you guys as the better team (relative to the stars) yet many of us wanted to play you. It would have been an exciting, tough series. Now we play a Dallas team we're probably more favoured to win against, but I'm very nervous. Feels like a more boring series and we'll be embarrassed if we blow it. Flames playoff hockey is ptsd in a bottle. Good luck vs the Avs.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The only positive spin I can put on it is that Arizona came back from a 3-0 deficit against both Dallas and St Louis in the last few games (although the Blues pulled it out in OT) and also beat the Wild.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I turned the game on last night and the score was 4 - 1, Perds. Watched the final few minutes of the 1st and fell asleep. Woke up at 0300 and heard the TV on and turned it off. Woke up this morning and the app was saying playoff games and times are announced. So I thought, cool, let me check which nights we're playing at home. Scrolled down and saw that we were playing the Avs and was surprised. At first, I thought, that can't be right and checked the final, 5 - 4, giving up five straight in the loss. I just laughed and shook my head.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
When we went up 4-0 so quickly I had a bad feeling. It turned to be the right feeling.

I don't have high hopes for this series but maybe we'll win a couple and make it interesting. Go Preds!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
When we went up 4-0 so quickly I had a bad feeling. It turned to be the right feeling.

I don't have high hopes for this series but maybe we'll win a couple and make it interesting. Go Preds!
About my biggest hope is that we run them around a bit and bruise them up enough to make them easier pickings in the next round--though since that would be the Blues or the Mild, I'm not sure even that is any kind of moral victory. I'm really beginning to loathe hockey, I find fewer and fewer "neutral" teams I am willing to root for.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
About my biggest hope is that we run them around a bit and bruise them up enough to make them easier pickings in the next round--though since that would be the Blues or the Mild, I'm not sure even that is any kind of moral victory. I'm really beginning to loathe hockey, I find fewer and fewer "neutral" teams I am willing to root for.
It seems like half the Wild team is former Preds. So there is that.

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad