Status
Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Well, that was fun.

WINNER PIE! Josi, you first.

And against Dallas, one of my hated teams. They said we were classless, I have a problem with that.

Go Preds

Better to be a classeless winner than a looser full of class.

If it was true ... probably they think that all teams who beat them are classeless LOL

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Did I miss something with the "classless" stuff? Or is this still a reference to the Modano stuff?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Gutsy f***ing win. Deserved every bit of that game and then some.

Yep- the last Dallas game (Rinne game) was not a good performance at all- but tonight I thought we were the better team and definitely deserved the W

FINALLY a regulation win at home!! I have never been so happy to see a last minute GWG- lol

Reactions: Scoresberg

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Kind of crazy that after last night we are 3 points away from 3rd in the Conference and 4 points away from out of the playoffs. Some minor differences in games in hand but things have evened out pretty well now. Going to be tight down the stretch but should make for continually entertaining hockey which is nice.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did I miss something with the "classless" stuff? Or is this still a reference to the Modano stuff?
Yeah, it was the Modano thing.

I realized that Dallas was my most hated team during a playoff game where Stars were playing the Wild. I wasn't sure til in my mind I was sorta kinda "for" Minnesota, though admittedly more for an implosion onto the ice but sparing the fans. I have nothing against them, this is ownership and players.

Pittsburgh may have moved ahead. I hope there's never a matchup in the playoffs for me to see.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, it was the Modano thing.

I realized that Dallas was my most hated team during a playoff game where Stars were playing the Wild. I wasn't sure til in my mind I was sorta kinda "for" Minnesota, though admittedly more for an implosion onto the ice but sparing the fans. I have nothing against them, this is ownership and players.

Pittsburgh may have moved ahead. I hope there's never a matchup in the playoffs for me to see.

I'd be stoked for a playoff matchup with Pittsburgh cuz that would mean we are back in the Cup Finals

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Benn's hit fired us up. Our game changed.

Benning had one of his better games, as did Harpur. I didn't mind that pairing last night.

Dallas did a good job taking space away from Forsberg.

Jeannot pretty much begged Benn to go a few times. That would be a good one to see.

I still think Granlund is struggling.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Benn's hit fired us up. Our game changed.

Benning had one of his better games, as did Harpur. I didn't mind that pairing last night.

Dallas did a good job taking space away from Forsberg.

Jeannot pretty much begged Benn to go a few times. That would be a good one to see.

I still think Granlund is struggling.
Benning almost shit the bed on that 4v4 breakaway pinching down and letting the guy get behind him but he did redeem himself. Everyone is going to give the credit to Saros for the save, as well they should, especially Benning. But, Benning did manage to recover enough, got on the Raffl's forehand side clean enough to be able to stickcheck without taking a penalty. At that point Saros knew Raffl had to go to his backhand to Saros was able to shut that down without fear of some tricky stickhandling.

Dallas did a good job on Forsberg and the Preds did a great job on Robertson for a change. Man those gaps were good all night overall.

According to Hal Benn wants no part of Jeannot and he told him that.

One thing I noticed about Granlund is that when he's F3 and should be the third man high in the offensive zone he is getting down too low. When he's too low and the puck come out from down low he isn't on the defensive side of the puck and able to attack the way he should, he's instantly behind the play and basically on the backcheck. If the Dman isn't in a good position to pinch then they have to retreat and regroup or win the puck back to hopefully transition to offense again. A little evidence of that is how Hal was talking about Tolvanen back tracking and reloading all the time but not a word about Granlund.

Reactions: triggrman

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'd be stoked for a playoff matchup with Pittsburgh cuz that would mean we are back in the Cup Finals
I was talking about the Stars playing them, for the same reason.

I...I hate them both, you see. That would let me see which one I hated more, but at the price of it meaning it was in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad