Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Flames 1/4/24 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Physics aren't debatable in the real world. Here in whine world it seems anything is possible.
Exactly what camera angle tells you that puck wasn't going in until Josi touched.

Notice you didn't respond the fact that saros should have made an easy glove save and froze the puck there.

Take away the first two soft goals and one of the open slot shots the game is very different.

Reactions: hido

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Exactly what camera angle tells you that puck wasn't going in until Josi touched.

Notice you didn't respond the fact that saros should have made an easy glove save and froze the puck there.

Take away the first two soft goals and one of the open slot shots the game is very different.

Saros missed the catch but the puck was still out of the net until Josi. Josi's stick is outside of the net when making contact ... then the puck goes in. Again, physics. It shows on multiple angles.

While you're so busy blaming Saros on the one where Josi puts it in ... excusing Saros for one of two unscreened shots going in after that ... you're failing to have any mention, never mind accountability, of Lankinen's play here.

Back to your ranting.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Saros missed the catch but the puck was still out of the net until Josi. Josi's stick is outside of the net when making contact ... then the puck goes in. Again, physics. It shows on multiple angles.

While you're so busy blaming Saros on the one where Josi puts it in ... excusing Saros for one of two unscreened shots going in after that ... you're failing to have any mention, never mind accountability, of Lankinen's play here.

Back to your ranting.
Until the team scores 5 goals Saros gets the L. Lankinen is inconsequential right now.

But, yeah, that was a boneheaded play from the guy that hasnt played in almosta month. If your Dmen aren't communicating then just send the puck high and hard.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Until the team scores 5 goals Saros gets the L. Lankinen is inconsequential right now.

But, yeah, that was a boneheaded play from the guy that hasnt played in almosta month. If your Dmen aren't communicating then just send the puck high and hard.
It's been just over two weeks since he started ... with the holiday break in there. Thank you for now redefining "almost a month" ... or just being flat out wrong. You pick.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

"Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice."

If Tomasino's skate to the back of Gilbert's was enough to trigger the fall while their upper bodies are engaged is the point of contention. The situation room thought that it was hence the automatic match penalty with the call. Now we wait to see if the match is all he gets or if "player safety" has a hearing as well.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
It's been just over two weeks since he started ... with the holiday break in there. Thank you for now redefining "almost a month" ... or just being flat out wrong. You pick.
I missed his start on the 15th, I was thinking the 9th was his last. I can admit I'm wrong, you should try it sometime.

To restate that part "hasn't played in three weeks". Does that actually help your arguement that Saros didn't completely shit the bed tonight? Your Lankinen gave up a stupid goal diversion is just an attempt to avoid making the admission I referenced above.

You're being obtuse and pedantic, I will no longer engage in this conversation.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I missed his start on the 15th, I was thinking the 9th was his last. I can admit I'm wrong, you should try it sometime.

To restate that part "hasn't played in three weeks". Does that actually help your arguement that Saros didn't completely shit the bed tonight? Your Lankinen gave up a stupid goal diversion is just an attempt to avoid making the admission I referenced above.

You're being obtuse and pedantic, I will no longer engage in this conversation.
For it to have been a controls have required you to evolve from ranting to discourse. That never happened.

I did admit when you were wrong. Nice of you to finally realize it.

Have a Saros like night and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad