Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Let's douse these dweebs!

giphy.gif

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Things are rarely that linear but Monday definitely felt like it could be a turnaround type of win. If that's going to be the case then tonight is our chance to keep it rolling.

Reactions: SouthNash

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I just really don't get the move to scratch Fabbro. Especially since it involves switching Josi to the other side to make things work. Fabbro has arguably been our best defenseman this year so him being the odd man out doesn't make any sense to me? I assume we see a lot of rotation in the D corps especially when Schenn is in the mix too but still.

I like Brunette's offensive philosophy but many of the lineup decisions just baffle me. Although I was told if multiple coaching staffs have scratched a player they must be right so it is what it is.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just really don't get the move to scratch Fabbro. Especially since it involves switching Josi to the other side to make things work. Fabbro has arguably been our best defenseman this year so him being the odd man out doesn't make any sense to me? I assume we see a lot of rotation in the D corps especially when Schenn is in the mix too but still.

I like Brunette's offensive philosophy but many of the lineup decisions just baffle me. Although I was told if multiple coaching staffs have scratched a player they must be right so it is what it is.
It would certainly be nice if somebody could press the Preds braintrust to explain to us what it is that our eyes can't see about Fabbro.

I would scratch anybody on our defense not named Josi before I'd scratch Fabbro.

And when Schenn comes back and Stastney goes down next, well, I just don't see it. Stastney and Fabbro would be playing every night on my team.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It is bizarre because this board seems to be the only place in all of Preds fandom that likes Fabbro. I know Reddit constantly ripped on him last year. None of the twitter beat reporters are really saying anything about us pulling Fabrro other than it is happening.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
It is bizarre because this board seems to be the only place in all of Preds fandom that likes Fabbro. I know Reddit constantly ripped on him last year. None of the twitter beat reporters are really saying anything about us pulling Fabrro other than it is happening.
I've never really heard an explanation for the dislike people have for him. I always felt it was because he was a rookie that was basically replaced PK and everyone got to watch every growing pain/mistake.

What's the reasoning now?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I've never really heard an explanation for the dislike people have for him. I always felt it was because he was a rookie that was basically replaced PK and everyone got to watch every growing pain/mistake.

What's the reasoning now?
I have no idea. I've never really seen a good explanation. I don't know if people expect him to be a star since he was a first rounder or what. He has struggled at times when not paired with Josi so maybe that, but given that we need someone to pair with Josi and that Josi seems to perform better with Fabbro than paired with anyone else on our current roster you think we'd just roll with it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro must be injured. No other reason to explain this.
No, that would be the explanation if we hadn't seen the previous 2 years of how they've handled him, including the start of this one under the new regime.

Instead, it's clear that they still see him as their, what, 7th best guy, regardless of pairing him with Josi.

I always felt like the rest of the fandom reaction away from here was basically just people stats-watching or buying into the indifference-at-best the broadcast crew has towards him, which we all know is just a mirrored reflection of the organizational view. Although I don't really pay attention to the rest of the fandom elsewhere. But I assume they aren't really watching games the same way as the core posters here do. I mean, I know a lot of hockey fans who can't even name their team's lineup at all, they just cheer for the "fun of the event" or to feel included in being a fan of something. But they don't actually know anything about the team, nor have ever given any further thought to hockey, let alone played or anything. So I just dismiss the whole rest of the fandom as basically being in that category. :dunno:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Back to fabbro being the whipping boy. Ill never understand what this organizations' dislike of him is. We will likely end up trading him then extending barrie and carrier. Atleast with this setup stastney gets a chance to play and when lauzon isnt chasing hits he hasnt been bad in my opinion/eye test.
I actually like Lauzon's game when he stays within the guardrails, so to speak. Chasing hits or mindlessly getting out of position (like going behind the net) being his two biggests issues but they are very fixable with coaching.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I actually like Lauzon's game when he stays within the guardrails, so to speak. Chasing hits or mindlessly getting out of position (like going behind the net) being his two biggests issues but they are very fixable with coaching.
Past couple games ive noticed lauzon in a positive way. If he can still develop some into a 4D then his caphit is very nice going forward. But we have so many LHD with Stastney/Del Gaizo and apparently Molendyk making huge first impressions and we have almost nothing at RHD that is NHL ready.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Time for some of these LHD to learn how to play on the right side I guess.
Lauzon has played the right side but they clearly like him paired with Carrier. Can't say I disagree, they've looked good.

Stastney was playing on the right while paired with Wilsby in Milwaukee last year, wasn't he?

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Past couple games ive noticed lauzon in a positive way. If he can still develop some into a 4D then his caphit is very nice going forward. But we have so many LHD with Stastney/Del Gaizo and apparently Molendyk making huge first impressions and we have almost nothing at RHD that is NHL ready.
I feel like this has always been the problem with Lauzon. As 3rd-pair LHD, as long as he stays within his limitations, he's ok. Our braintrust seems to like his character/leadership and for $2M, that's a good fit. But the more you use him, the more he seems to "stray" outside his comfort level. Once he starts pinching and going deep, he's a huge liability. His hit stats are always going to make him popular on the trade market, however. Because most NHL GMs aren't all that bright. So the organization should just keep monitoring what he's doing on the ice vs. his market value. Because if you can ever cash him in at a "profit", fine... if not, ok, he can fill the 3rd pair role adequately, all things considered. :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: Kat Predator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad